Junia pronunciation

My friend pitched [name_f]Junia[/name_f] and I’m adding it to my short list, but I don’t love saying the proper pronunciation of [name_u]June[/name_u]-ee-ya (rhymes with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]). I want to say it like JUNE-Yuh. It that too weird? Ambi over thinking it? The original way doesn’t roll off my tongue well. :thinking:

1 Like

My first thought was [name_u]June[/name_u]-yuh just like yours but [name_f]English[/name_f] isn’t my first language so not sure if that affects the way I would say it.

i would prounounce it like [name_u]June[/name_u]-ee-ya like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] (: i think that’s a beautiful name (:

1 Like

^^ Same. But I definitely think your pronunciation would be easy to use because the name is not familiar to most people, so hearing it pronounced that way won’t see odd to them and should catch on quickly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I definitely pronounce it as JUNE-ee-uh, but wouldn’t be surprised to hear someone say JUNE-ya. Although, the JUNE-ya pronunciation kind of sounds like junior said with an accent.

3 Likes

Exactly what @futuremama said!

2 Likes

I pronounce it as JUNE-ee-uh as well! I really like this name!

I instinctively say JOO-nee-uh :slight_smile: I like it

Neither pronunciation rolls off my tongue, honestly, which is why I prefer [name_u]June[/name_u].

I pronounce it as joo-NEE-ah.

I say it ju-nee-uh but it doesn’t sound considerably different when I try to say [name_u]June[/name_u]-ya? I’m not sure if that’s just me though.

1 Like

I pronounce it [name_u]June[/name_u]-Yuh (and am American / speak [name_f]English[/name_f]). I’ve also seen [name_f]Djuna[/name_f] (which is pronounced [name_u]June[/name_u]-[name_m]Ah[/name_m]) and I love.

I like the [name_m]Jun[/name_m]-yah sound for the name and I think it can work.

I agree with PP who say [name_u]June[/name_u]-yah. It definitely sounds like [name_m]Junior[/name_m]. I like it pronounced Ju-nee-ah. I an just wondering if the pronounciation is regional. Australia here so it would rhyme with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]

1 Like

I’d pronounce it [name_u]June[/name_u]-ee-yah if I’m honest

Instinctively I’d say [name_u]June[/name_u]-ee-ah, but it’s an easy correction.

I would say [name_u]June[/name_u]-ee-ah

Thanks everyone, I am rethinking this name with the whole “junior” sound alike and the closeness to [name_f]Julia[/name_f]… hmmm