Just Gray?

[name]Grayson[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name] has been on my list for as long as I can remember. The Grays- part honors my grandmother (mn [name]Grace[/name]), and [name]Gray[/name] just sound so handsome and distinguished and dapper to me. [name]Gray[/name] is easily in my top 5 but I feel like [name]Grayson[/name] is so much more modern and trendy than the other four names in my top 5 ([name]Caleb[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Everett[/name], and [name]Asher[/name]). A few Berries have suggested I use just [name]Gray[/name] in the past, and I’ve been considering it lately.

[name]How[/name] does [name]Gray[/name] compare to [name]Grayson[/name]? Does [name]Gray[/name] fit better in my top 5? Also, would you spell it [name]Grey[/name] or [name]Gray[/name]? I prefer [name]Grayson[/name] to [name]Greyson[/name], but for some reason I am drawn to the [name]Grey[/name] spelling lately if it was just [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name] nn [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name].

Also… I’m tossing around combo options. I keep coming back to [name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name], but it’s probably a bittt too descriptive. :confused: I have also tossed around [name]Gray[/name] [name]Russell[/name] (another family name), [name]Gray[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Gray[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], and [name]Gray[/name] [name]Felix[/name]. I’m not sure I love any of them, though. Any other ideas?

Thanks, ladies!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gray[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]!

I love [name]Grey[/name]! I much prefer it spelt [name]Grey[/name], because whenever I see [name]Gray[/name] I always want to say [name]Gary[/name] for some reason haha! [name]LOVE[/name] the combo [name]Grey[/name] [name]August[/name]! Honestly it didn’t even hit me that they are both words until you made the comment. I literally read the combo, paused and thought “wow, that is SO handsome!” Plus it’s not like you’ll always be calling out “[name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name]” when talking to him.

Also, I much prefer [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name] to [name]Greyson[/name]/[name]Grayson[/name], [name]Greyson[/name] just has a trendy feel to it. I do however, really like the name Greyer!

Thanks for your comment! haha, I love [name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name] a lot… it does seem a bit descriptive but I absolutely love it and it has symbolic significance, so it could be a possibility still. Then again, [name]Jack[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Cole[/name] is my second choice and I think I prefer [name]Jack[/name] [name]August[/name] to [name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name], so it probably won’t happen anyway.

I recently thought of [name]Gray[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] which I really like–it has a similar vibe to [name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name] to me, and not quite so descriptive. I’ve been in an [name]Atticus[/name] kick lately, so I like that it would work with [name]Gray[/name]… Would it be bad that I’m not terribly keen on the HTKM association? I liked the book and loved what [name]Atticus[/name] stood for and he was a great guy… but yeah, it’s never been my favorite literary work.

I agree that [name]Grayson[/name] is really trendy but I like that it has the full sound of my grandmother’s name as opposed to just part of it, and I don’t know, it sort of feels more complete than [name]Gray[/name] does. I’m still considering both, though–I really do like just [name]Gray[/name]. I think [name]Gray[/name] [name]Richards[/name] sounds so dashing. :slight_smile: I had considered Grayer/Greyer a while back but it didn’t get a lot of love and while I like it, I like [name]Grayson[/name] more.

I forgot to mention earlier–[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Jude[/name] is my [name]Grayson[/name] combo. I absolutely love it but I’m not sure it translates as well with just [name]Gray[/name] as the FN. [name]Gray[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Jude[/name]? It feels a bit stunted. I do sort of like just [name]Gray[/name] [name]Isaac[/name], though…

I prefer [name]Grey[/name] and like it as a familiar version of a longer name but as a stand alone it seems incomplete. Also it seems to become a descriptive when matched with any other name, as you said [name]Grey[/name] [name]August[/name]. Have you considered [name]Greydon[/name]?

I think [name]Gray[/name] is very handsome and can stand up well on its own, but I prefer the [name]Grey[/name] spelling. Perhaps because it’s the Canadian/UK spelling and just looks, I don’t know, more handsome to me. :slight_smile:

[name]Gray[/name] is less trendy and wayyyyy more cool. I love it.

If [name]Gray[/name] is honoring [name]Grace[/name], I would stick with the [name]Gray[/name] spelling as opposed to [name]Grey[/name]. [name]Gray[/name] definitely fits better with [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Asher[/name]. All are modern and stylish. [name]Grayson[/name] takes the set in a trendier direction.

As far as combos go, what about something like [name]Gray[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Russell[/name] or [name]Gray[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]?

Second thoughts: What about [name]Gray[/name] followed by a middle name that begins with S? That way you still have the “grace” sound in there. Are there any S names you like?

Oh, I like this! Besides Spencer, which is a FN on my list, I also really like Samuel and Sebastian. And Seth, but that doesn’t really work next to Gray. It would sort of sound like “graceth” lol. I really like the idea of Gray Samuel, actually!

ETA: @joel613 - Greydon/Grayden isn’t really my thing, sorry! Even if it is a legitimate name (which, after a bit of searching, it appears to be), I can’t really seem to separate it from the Aiden trend. Greydon seems even more trendy to me than Grayson… but maybe that’s just me.

I definitely prefer [name]Gray[/name] to [name]Grayson[/name]! [name]Grayson[/name] is one that could probably end up going to the girls, like [name]Madison[/name], [name]Addison[/name], etc. (Gracen comes to mind), and it comes across a bit trendy cause of the -son ending.
I love [name]Gray[/name] though! Very handsome, classic, masculine. You could do [name]Graeme[/name]/[name]Graham[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name] but I really like [name]Gray[/name] on his own. I like the idea of [name]Spencer[/name] as a mn, but not the first middle name. Maybe [name]Gray[/name] ___ [name]Spencer[/name]?

Any more I prefer [name]Greyson[/name] for girls for some reason, but I definitely like [name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grey[/name] for a boy. I like the idea of [name]Grey[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] and [name]Grey[/name] [name]Russell[/name]. I actually knew a guy once named [name]Russell[/name] [name]Grey[/name] :slight_smile: What about [name]Grey[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]? or [name]Grey[/name] [name]Russell[/name] [name]Jude[/name]?

[name]Gray[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Jude[/name] would be quite handsome.

I love [name]Gray[/name]. I don’t like [name]Grayson[/name]/[name]Greyson[/name] because it sounds too trendy to me. The spelling I prefer is [name]Gray[/name].

[name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name] is descriptive, yes, but I think it’s what makes it so charming and lovely. The others on your list also sound really good, but I have to say that [name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name] is my favourite.

Suggestions:

• [name]Gray[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
  • [name]Gray[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
  • [name]Gray[/name] [name]William[/name]
  • [name]Gray[/name] [name]Lysander[/name]
  • [name]Gray[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
  • [name]Gray[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Grey[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Grey[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Jude[/name] :slight_smile: Great name!

I love [name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grey[/name]!! I don’t, however, like [name]Grayson[/name]. I know it is a boy name, but it sounds very feminine to me.

Thanks, ladies!

I know that it’s oh-so-trendy, but I’m leaning toward keeping [name]Grayson[/name]. I agree that just [name]Gray[/name] goes better with my list, [name]Grayson[/name] feels more “right” to me. I posted on another site, and they all said that [name]Gray[/name] was just too incomplete for them, and I think I find myself agreeing. Besides, I like that [name]Grayson[/name] has closer ties to [name]Grace[/name] than just [name]Gray[/name] does, and if I had used just [name]Gray[/name], I probably would have gone with [name]Gray[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Gray[/name] [name]August[/name]…