just thinking a 3rd.... but what would you name #3

[name]Hi[/name] all
not sure if anyone can remember me but i was here last year I have a son [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] and gave birth to beautiful boy [name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] last year. I really had some trouble thinking of a name for another boy and really appreciated comments here. I know some of you will be interested to know i’m so happy we did not call our son [name]Felix[/name] as its really popular where we live as is [name]Sebastian[/name] another name we loved and if I had not used [name]Raphael[/name] as the mn thats that I use for a third.

so we are only considering a 3rd most likely [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] or [name]Matilde[/name] as a MN if a girl I think this name works with our boys plus its also a family name I also love [name]Stella[/name] but does not work with our surname.

However if the bub was another boy and given my sisters and I only seem to produce boys I would assume a 3rd could be another boy and this is where I struggle ( so many lovely girl names) …so what would you name another boy…

The feedback so far has been really positive regarding our sons names when asked people comments are often "what regal names, oh what lovely strong names " so given this I would prefer another name that fits preferably of an older style if our potential bub where to be another boy.
some ideas are [name]Edwin[/name] but not like [name]Ed[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] but I prefer NN [name]Ted[/name] not [name]Theo[/name] and this does not work with O ending of [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Henry[/name] but its another H name, [name]Jasper[/name] but perhaps not strong enough, [name]Oscar[/name] too popular, [name]Felix[/name] too similar ending to [name]Julius[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name] too soft, [name]Lucien[/name] too tricky to pronounce, [name]Leo[/name] ending again another O ending and [name]Thaddeus[/name] husband knows someone named this likewise Dashiel thus he dislikes and [name]Jack[/name] too plain, [name]Raphael[/name] I love but used as a second name, [name]Olivier[/name] not sure or [name]Remi[/name]…so what would you suggest we love [name]Ivy[/name] for a girl if we were to have one and I think it works with our sons name but if we were to have boy again what would you choose I must add I also love [name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Gust[/name] ending again too similar given S of [name]Julius[/name] so potential name trip if you get what I mean, perhaps [name]Augustin[/name], [name]Leon[/name] or the only other is I can think of is [name]Louie[/name] but the 3 nephews of [name]Donald[/name] Duck is not working for me or [name]Loic[/name] or [name]Winston[/name] or [name]Elias[/name] AHHH just thinking of a third is enough to put me.

so something strong, handsome, old fashioned and not too popular I know a challenge but I look forward to your replies -if not used for a third perhaps we have found a good name for our dog which I must add was always to be called [name]Lucia[/name] nn [name]Lulu[/name] :slight_smile: sorry for long post
[name]Annetta[/name]

I love, love, love your boys’ names! My first thought was [name]August[/name]. I think [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name] and [name]August[/name] work very nicely together, and you don’t have to worry about the similar -us ending as with [name]Augustus[/name]. I really like [name]Theodore[/name] as well. This will be tough for me because I love both -o names and -us names, but I’ll try!

[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name] (love)
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name] ((love)
[name]Luca[/name]

I mention [name]Luca[/name] only b/c it’s my son’s name and I think we have the same tastes. Some consider it a bit softer than your other sons’ names, but I do think it could work. But my faves with [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Julius[/name] are definitely [name]Leopold[/name] and [name]Alastair[/name]. I think they work wonderfully!

[name]EDIT[/name]: [name]Just[/name] read the bit about your dog, so maybe [name]Luca[/name] wouldn’t work!

[name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name], and…

[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Randall[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Burke[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Bryant[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]

I think [name]Silas[/name], [name]Emil[/name], [name]Linus[/name], and [name]Carlisle[/name] work for the third.

I love your kids names. [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Julius[/name] are just so handsome. You seem to have very similar taste as I do so I’ll give you the names we have picked for our kids someday.

girls short list:
[name]Eva[/name]- An alternative to [name]Ivy[/name]. It has more of a foreign vibe than [name]Ivy[/name], so it work with [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Julius[/name].
[name]Isabel[/name]- It is getting popular though.
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]

Others I like: Camillie, [name]Gisela[/name] or [name]Giselle[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Gabrielle[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name].

Boys short list:
[name]Andreas[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]- okay, I know this one doesnt work…
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

Other I like: [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Felix[/name] (I’ve never actually hear this used before) [name]Soren[/name], [name]Anton[/name], [name]Maximilian[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Axel[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Victor[/name], [name]Markus[/name], [name]Edgar[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Jonas[/name], and [name]Damian[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I love your sons’ names! [name]Ivy[/name] goes beautifully as well. [name]Celia[/name]/[name]Cecelia[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name] also come to mind :slight_smile:

For boys, what about:
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name] nn [name]Al[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Linc[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name] nn [name]Abe[/name]/[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Red[/name]/[name]Fred[/name]/[name]Fritz[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]/[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]/[name]Tobin[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] nn [name]Eddie[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] nn [name]Marc[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] nn [name]Luke[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Percival[/name] nn [name]Percy[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]/[name]Samuel[/name] nn [name]Sam[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Alex[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] nn [name]Vince[/name]
[name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
Bowden
[name]Peregrine[/name] nn [name]Perry[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name] and…

[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Claude[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Daumier[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Laurence[/name]
[name]Leander[/name] (nn Lean/[name]Leon[/name])
[name]Lenox[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Oran[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Lucerne[/name]
[name]Montague[/name]
[name]Raoul[/name]
Reuss
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Philipp[/name]
[name]Roderick[/name]
[name]Sampson[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Soloman[/name]

thanks for replies so far…3rd is still only a thought but having some name ideas helps
[name]Annetta[/name]

[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Ramsay[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Sylvester[/name]
[name]Emanuel[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Carmine[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Yannick[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Annetta[/name]!!! [name]How[/name]'ve you been?! I hope that you and your amazingly named boys are doing well. :slight_smile:

I’m still half alseep, so I apologize in advance for already forgetting most of the names that have been suggested, and the repeats that will surely follow. I do remember [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name], though, and I think it’s gorgeous! :slight_smile:

[name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name], and:

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (I think this may have been in your list…)
[name]Edmund[/name] (ditto…)
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] (Ditto?)
[name]Lionel[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Maxwell[/name] (I don’t know how popular it is where you are, though…)
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
Taibtha
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

Take care and have a great day! :slight_smile: