Kaelie?

What do you think of this spelling of the name [name]Kaylee[/name] and what spellings do you like the most?

I don’t like Kaelie or any of the spellings, since it’s not a legitimate name, and will also get lost in the sea of -aylee rhymers-- not to mention all the [name]Kay[/name]- starting names that were popular in the last decade. What about [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], or [name]Kay[/name]?

My favorite is [name]Kaylee[/name]. I went to school with a girl who spelled it [name]Kaley[/name]. I do like your spelling, but I agree that it may be just too “cutesy” for a grown up. What do you think?

I would spell it [name]Kayleigh[/name], I love the name spelled like that :wink: But Kaelie is nice and I prefer it to [name]Kaylee[/name] !

[name]Kayleigh[/name] is nice and my favorite way of spelling this name. It sounds pretty and she could easily shorten it to [name]Kay[/name] if she preferred a different version as an adult. I think of U.S. Senator [name]Kay[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] Hutchison as having a professional name. [name]Kayleigh[/name] is also the preferred European spelling of [name]Kaylee[/name]. I think it is the most elegant version of this name. “[name]Leigh[/name]” is the feminine way of spelling [name]Lee[/name]. It reminds me of [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] the English actress. However, Kaelie is cute if you and your husband prefer this spelling. Go with your heart…that is what counts!

my daughter’s name is kayleigh i liked it better spelled this way

I have loved the name [name]Kayleigh[/name] since the song by Marillion in the 1980s. It seemed unique then, but has become part of a meganame sensation. I wish it wasn’t so popular now, but it caught on like wildfire. I still think it’s pretty.

Making up an “original” spelling doesn’t increase its worth. I believe the [name]Kayleigh[/name] in the song was actually named [name]Kay[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. If you spell it with an ‘ae’ some people may think it’s pronounced like [name]Kylie[/name]. When people spell new American-invented names in inventive ways, I think that it tries too hard to look like it has a foreign origin or is an authentic foreign variation - this is why some older names have variations in spelling. I like the genuine spelling, which I have only to guess and not know for sure, is [name]Kayleigh[/name], even though, like I said, her name was really [name]Kay[/name] [name]Lee[/name], which is presumably said out loud as 2 separate names and compounded cleverly by the song-writer.

I had a friend named [name]Leigh[/name], just [name]Leigh[/name]. I think it’s very soft and feminine, but also mature, strong, and businesslike, as opposed to [name]Lee[/name], which just looks kind of flat to me. The suffix -lie doesn’t seem as formal as -leigh or -ley. It very much looks like a nickname spelling with the -ie, despite names like [name]Julie[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] being authentic names. Kaelie seems more like [name]Rosie[/name] instead of [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Roseanne[/name], or [name]Tammie[/name] instead of [name]Tamara[/name] or [name]Thomasina[/name].

I don’t like it. It just looks even more tryndee. Sorry.

I’m gonna have to agree with Shaymin on this one. Dunno if these would appeal to you, but maybe try [name]Kay[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Kyla[/name]?

i like this name… i’d use it, but it’s a bit too trendy for my tastes…
i like your spelling though… i think it’s cute…
another spelling i like is [name]Kaylee[/name]…

I love the way Kaelie/[name]Kaylie[/name]/[name]Kayleigh[/name] ect sounds but my daughter who is 11 has known so many in school or [name]Michaela[/name]/[name]Mikayla[/name]/[name]Kayla[/name]'s that all go by [name]Kaylie[/name] that it is too popular for me to consider. I’ve actually heard [name]Kaylie[/name] more than [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Emma[/name]. It is still a very pretty name and if you don’t care how popular it is (not saying that you should) than use it.
We also know a [name]Kayleigh[/name].