Kaia or Kamila

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] :slight_smile:
Choosing between these two names, and was wondering which one might travel better/ work better in several countries, and first impressions in general?

Also especially curious from native Spanish speakers, if [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] can work in Mexico and Latin [name_u]America[/name_u]?
I’ve heard a comment from a Spanish speaker that [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] reminds them too much of Callate. Is that something that we should worry about, or can [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] work as a name in Mexico/Latin [name_u]America[/name_u]? ( as we might be spending some time in the region).

Thanks so much!

I like both, but my favorite would have to be [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]. It is so sweet!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]. It has a fresh, fiesty and international feel

1 Like

Native Spanish speaker and Mexican here (been here most of my life) I don’t exactly make the connection between [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] and “cállate” but I guess because I’m an adult :joy: but I will admit that annoying little kids in primary school might find that funny. Also another way saying shut up is just the word “calla” which is like saying “quiet”.

I personally wouldn’t go for [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] because it’s just not my taste and I’m too used to the spelling [name_f]Camila[/name_f] which if you are going to spend a lot of time here this will be 100% the way everyone will spell it

Any other names you are considering?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Kamila[/name_f] better! However, I would spell it with a C ([name_f]Camila[/name_f], [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]) if possible.

1 Like

Yeah I mean I could definitely see a lot of kids making those comments about the name [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]. I guess a name that could work with all your criteria is something like

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
Andrea
Flora
Elsa
Frida
Astrid
Julia

Very traditional names I would say.

I reckon even my own name ([name_f]Carolina[/name_f]) travels pretty well

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Kamila[/name_f] better ! However I have i negative association with a [name_u]Kiah[/name_u] so it has tainted the name for me

I love [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]! (Though I prefer the spelling [name_u]Kaya[/name_u])

I like [name_f]Kamila[/name_f]!

My favorite is [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], I second it!

I prefer [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], although I do think the name [name_u]Camille[/name_u] is lovely.

I prefer [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], but [name_f]Kamila[/name_f] would work better in Mexico.

I actually LOVE your name! Already have a [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] in the family or would consider :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kaia would be my favorite of the two.

Another vote for [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful! I think it would work anywhere!

They’re both nice names but I love [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Kamila[/name_f]! I think it has less possible pronunciation issues than [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] too.

We’re in the same boat, have to consider Spanish pronunciations for our names, and though I LOVE [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], we dismissed it pretty quickly because it sounds like “[name_f]Calla[/name_f]” meaning shut up. Hard to let go of names like that, like I love [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] too but definitely don’t want our daughter named “almost” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like