Kaiden

I would like to know your thoughts on this name. I really love it, why do a lot of people judge it? I also like the meaning: warrior.

I really like it, I think a lot of people judge it bc of how popular it is x

2 Likes

I’ve never come across it in the U.K. but think it’s very popular (or similar to other popular names) in the US? I like the Celtic spelling Caden which means battle.

1 Like

I think some people consider it trendy - something that will become dated very quickly - especially with all the rhyming names - [name_m]Braden[/name_m], [name_u]Jaiden[/name_u], [name_m]Caiden[/name_m], [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_u]Raiden[/name_u] etc.

Still, [name_m]Kaiden[/name_m] is a nice enough name - solid and modern

2 Likes

For me it’s that I find modern misspellings distasteful, as well as creating spelling confusion not just for the wearer but for anyone with the right spelling if it catches on.

Besides that, [name_m]Caden[/name_m] looks better and I have mostly bad associations with kids whose names are randomly spelt with a K. They tend not to come from great families and have a lot of problems.

2 Likes

This is pretty much all that happens on these forums :laughing:

Kaiden is just ok. Its not classic sounding. But it is cool, maybe a little nerdy. Doesn’t sound like it would suit anyone to me.

Actually quite close to my name as I say it Kay-dee!

For me, I think it has a trendy sound to it that like others mentioned, could become dated. That’s not a bad thing. I love several dated names - [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] is a favorite - but not everyone is into that vibe.

1 Like

I’ve never come across this name before (I’m in the US). I don’t like its similarity to the popular -aden ending names (see: [name_u]Jaden[/name_u], [name_u]Braeden[/name_u], etc). I also don’t like that it’s a spelling variant. I’d imagine a [name_m]Kaiden[/name_m] would be mistaken for [name_m]Caden[/name_m] for most of his life.

1 Like