Kaylee/Kayleigh/Kaley/Kailee/Caley/Cayleigh/Caylee/however you want to spell it

Is anyone else really, really tired of hearing this name?

I am 23, and I know of only three people my age with this name- a [name]Kaley[/name], a [name]Kayleigh[/name], and a [name]Kailee[/name]. I know a little girl named [name]Kayleigh[/name] too. But I work at Kmart, and I swear [name]EVERY[/name] [name]DAY[/name] I have at least one little girl come through my line who has some rendition of this name. Right now we are doing [name]March[/name] of Dimes Slips and parents usually write their child’s name on the slip instead of their own, and yesterday I had two, [name]Kaleigh[/name] and a [name]Kaylee[/name].

Several things bother me about this name. First off, the fact that it can be spelled basically any way you want to. This not only diguises the true popularity, which has to be insane, but also makes it impossible for those kids to go through life with anyone spelling their name right. There is no “right” way to spell it because it was never as far as I know a name with an “original” spelling like some of the names that were originally a name with one “correct” spelling ([name]Haley[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], etc). Also…it just to me, cannot sound professional. The cutesy spellings, and the fact that to me, it sounds like a little girl with a nickname ([name]Kaylie[/name] instead of [name]Kayla[/name] or [name]Kaylyn[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] or whatever) or else a cheerleader/sorority girl for life (sort of akin to [name]Kiki[/name], which it has similar properties to). [name]Both[/name] the [name]Kaley[/name] and the [name]Kailee[/name] I know are in grad classes to be counselors, and I have a hard time matching who they are with their names. Dr. [name]Kailee[/name]? Counselor [name]Kailee[/name]? It just doesn’t seem right.

So although [name]Kay[/name] and [name]Lee[/name] are popular sounds having both together as a proper name instead of a nickname bothers me.

[name]Makayla[/name] and [name]Kayla[/name] also have a plethora of spelling options which I agree with you about - well, that they disguise how many people are named those names. Yes, it’s pretty ridiculous.

My supervisor at work is [name]Kailey[/name], and she’s around your age. I love her to death, and her name fits her perfectly.

You could go by [name]Kay[/name], and that’s professional imo. And School counselors where I live go by their last names anyways.

I have a cousin named [name]Kayleigh[/name] who, like me, is in her early 20’s. I’ve never seen the appeal or found it attractive, even before it became popular.
In general, I don’t like K names, apart from [name]Kate[/name], which isn’t even one of my favourites. Unfortunately the majority of the K names are super trendy and spelled kre8ivleigh, which makes them so unappealing to me.
So yeah, not a fan of [name]Kayleigh[/name].

I had one spelled [name]Kali[/name] (pronounced [name]Kay[/name]-lee) in a class back when I was teaching. It was six years ago, but I actually taught a class (college students) that had [name]Kelly[/name], [name]Calli[/name], [name]Kylee[/name], [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Kayla[/name], [name]Kaylin[/name], and [name]Caitlin[/name]. It will probably get even more confusing now that there are boys named [name]Caden[/name]! That being said, my mom’s middle name is [name]Kay[/name] and as a child, before this sound became so wildly popular, I’d thought of using one of these [name]Kay[/name]- names to honor her, so I do see the appeal.

It isn’t my favorite name, though it was almost my name. Mom really considered naming me [name]Kaylee[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] after two aunts ([name]Kay[/name] and [name]Lee[/name]) and my grandmother ([name]Ann[/name]). I have cousin that is named [name]Caylee[/name] with a little sister named [name]Mckenna[/name] and then seem like two of the most likely to be misspelled, sort of generic names possible. Still, I love my little cousin to death so that keeps me from scowling too much at her unoriginal name!

Its funny you say this, because as a [name]Kristi[/name] (another name spelled so many different ways), [name]Kay[/name] seems like my go to short hand if I want to sound a little more serious. I also have a friend who named her little girl [name]Macayla[/name] and our other friend will only call her [name]Kay[/name]. I actually have really grown to love [name]Kay[/name], so it works out.