Kendra vs Meredith

Which name do you prefer and why?

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! I like the sound of it, especially the “th” ending, and I also love Mar/Mer names in general.

1 Like

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! I like its softer sound :slight_smile:

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] feels extremely dated to me & [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] feels a little dated to me also, but less so. I think it’s a little more classic than [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] is and I prefer the sound and look in general.

meredith definitely!!

i agree with @futuremama that kendra feels very dated

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u], it’s more versatile, less trendy, & very classic :slight_smile:

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. Classic and more refined.

i prefer kendra! i don’t really find it dated. personally, i’m not a hugh meredith fan.

[name_f]Kendra[/name_f]. I don’t much like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u].

I prefer [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] .

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] feels quite stuffy and serious to me personally.

[name_f]Kendra[/name_f] has a more laid-back feel, is shorter and a feels a little more modern, as in - it’s easier for me to imagine a young girl named [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] than a young girl named [name_u]Meredith[/name_u].

I don’t live in the US tho so it’s a feeling based on the look and sound of the name alone.

2 Likes

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] :100:
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] has a timeless/classy feel
[name_f]Kendra[/name_f] has a trendy (outdated) feel to me.

I love [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] - warm and interesting

I much prefer [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], it has a lot of nicknames and a nice sound. I don’t really like [name_f]Kendra[/name_f].

I personally prefer [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], but I like [name_f]Kendra[/name_f], too. People always make me laugh when they talk about names being dated, because twenty years ago, they’d be saying that about [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. But suddenly, [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] seems current and fresh again, even though it has a long history. By the way, [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] is a lovely combo!

1 Like

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] had been a long time love !

I prefer [name_f]Kindra[/name_f] to [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] but appreciate both !!

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] seems a bit dated (although I do associate someone in their 30s with this name, so it could just be me)

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! Mer is such a cute nn

[name_f]Kendra[/name_f], but that’s because 1) I’m a sucker for any [name_m]Ken[/name_m]- name, and 2) I have a negative personal association with [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] even though it’s a lovely name. Both are great names though!

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] seems like a timeless classics to me. [name_f]Kendra[/name_f] gives me more of an 80s/90s K craze vibe.

I love [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! It just sounds prettier, stronger, and more timeless to me. I also love the nickname options: [name_f]Meredy[/name_f], [name_f]Merry[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_u]Red[/name_u]