Keziah, English pronunciation for UK/AUS/NZ

So, I like the look of [name]Keziah[/name]. I like the Hebrew pronunciation. I like the meaning.

But how would you say it? I’ve seen sources saying the English pronunciation is: Kez-ee-ah, Kez-EYE-ah, and Kee-zhah.

I’m in Australia, but I am not Australian. I have seen it listed in old records that are British/Scottish, and I’ve seen it blogged about on Australian things. But how are you guys saying it?

Too odd to be used? Looks pretend? (it’s not, but you know what I mean. A friend of mine told me it looked “like an elf in an RPG’s name”)

I say it key-zi-uh. I’m American. I really like it.

I’m Australian and live in Australia, but thankfully I don’t have the ‘crocodile dundee/bogan’ accent. :slight_smile:
I pronounce it kez-ee-ah. I’m not sure on the original pronunciation and only pronounce it the way I do because I have an old friend named [name]Keziah[/name]. :slight_smile:

Going by the pronunciation guide in the [name]King[/name] [name]James[/name] Bible, it’s kez-EYE-ah. I have never met one personally, although it’s my husband’s great-great-grandmother’s name and on our list for a daughter.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t even have much preference as far as wanting it one way and not another, I just wondered if there was much consensus.

I pronounce it kez-EYE-ah. I usually pronounce -iah as EYE-ah ([name]Josiah[/name], [name]Mariah[/name] etc). I think kez-EE-ah might also work but I don’t see kee-zhah working at all.

I’m an Aussie; I haven’t seen or heard the name before but I would say Kez-EYE-ah

I am from Australia and I pronounce it Kez-eye-ah