Keziah?

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce it?

I know a little girl with this name, and they pronounce it keh-zee-ah and call her Kezie. I don’t know if that is the traditional pronunciation, though, as I had never heard anyone named that before she was born! I think I probably would have read keh-zai-ah.

Instictually I want to say Keh-zee-ah, but I’m pretty sure it’s Keh-zy-ah.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I know a [name]Kezia[/name] pronounced kee-zah.

I would say keh-ZEYE-uh, with the long i sound.

Kez-ee-ah is how the ones I’ve known said it. They were British/Aussie.

I’ve looked it up though and kez-eye-ah is considered a valid English pronunciation and maybe the ones American Christians use the most but I can’t find any stats on that.

I just think kez-ee-ah sounds softer and also is a little closer to the Hebrew pronunciation of ke-tzee-ah.

I’ve always pronounced Kez-eye-ah . I met a girl named this and that is the pronunciation they used.

I would say it as ke-zy (long i sound)-uh

I prefer kez-ee-ah but I’ve also heard ke-zy-ah.

It’s pronounced “keh-ZYE-uh”.

Me too. The only [name]Keziah[/name] I know pronounces it like this.

Are the kez-eye-ahs in the States? I’m just trying to gather regions because of the kez-ee-ahs I’ve known.

Kez-EYE-uh is how I’d say it. The nickname [name]Kezzie[/name] is adorable, I’ve loved the name ever since I read it in a book but it’s a little too ‘out there’ in terms of the other names I like so I’m not sure if I would ever use it.

And I’m from the UK, stripedsocks.

i pronounce it as keh-ZYE-uh…i actually know a keziah, but because so many people pronounce her name wrong, she often goes by either kizzy or kezi!