Kieran for a girl?

I have the name [name]Rowan[/name] picked out for my first daughter. But my husband and I were talking about how it would hard to name another daughter in the future due to the unisex style of [name]Rowan[/name].

[name]Kieran[/name]/[name]Kiran[/name] was on our list of boy’s names, and I started thinking about how cute it would be on a little girl. And it matches [name]Rowan[/name] perfectly in my opinion. What do you think?

Also, I know [name]Kieran[/name] means “little dark one” and is Irish, but [name]Kiran[/name] means “ray of sunlight” in Sanskrit. So, which spelling/meaning do you prefer? My husband is Navajo, and I’m Greek/Italian so we don’t have an ethnic tie to either origin (Sanskrit/Irish)

Well, [name]Kieran[/name] is a boy’s name, so definitely go with [name]Kiran[/name]! [name]Kiran[/name] is a legitimate girl’s name, like [name]Rowan[/name] (nature names are pretty much the only true unisex names out there). I think [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Kiran[/name] sound nice together. I would think [name]Kieran[/name] was a boy.

[name]Kiran[/name] Yes [name]Kieran[/name] (queer one) No.

I think [name]Kieran[/name] and [name]Kiran[/name] are both very nice for a girl, but I also don’t think you should have to feel locked in to a unisex name just because your first daughter has one. I don’t think an extremely frilly and feminine name would go well with [name]Rowan[/name], but most other names would probably sound fine, especially if they’re Irish/Celtic or botany-themed.

I agree that I dont think you have to name your second daughter a unisex name just because your did with your first.
definitely [name]Kiran[/name] for a girl and [name]Keiran[/name] for a boy.

Not a fan. To me it’s all boy. One of the girls I work with, I love her to death, but not only did she use this for her daughter, she pronounces it Key-[name]AIR[/name]-an. [name]Don[/name]'t like that at all. Have you considered [name]Kiera[/name]?

I wouldn’t use it since [name]Kiera[/name] is so obviously the feminine option.

I’ll throw in my 2 cents as someone who has a unisex name. I don’t hate my name, but it gets annoying when someone’s first reaction is, “oh I know a boy named that.” “I thought that was a boy’s name.” I also share a name with a roommate’s boyfriend…

A name I came across which I love is [name]Tamsin[/name]. It’s a female form of [name]Thomas[/name], but it has that unisex feel.