Kit as a nn for Clifford?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, not expecting I’m just thinking. And like the title says trying to get a consensus on if anyone thinks [name_u]Kit[/name_u] could work as a nickname for [name_m]Clifford[/name_m]. As a bit of backstory, my grandfather’s name was [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] and I have contemplated using it in the middle spot before, but it doesn’t seem to flow well with the names I like. I also dislike the nicknames [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] and [name_m]Ford[/name_m] so in a bit of a pickle.

as an idea of combos I have used:
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] (my paternal grandmother’s maiden name with maternal grandfather)
[name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]

I think it would work!! Though i must admit [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] would be my preference

[name_u]Kit[/name_u] would definitely work as a nickname! I really like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]!

I think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] works as a nickname for [name_m]Clifford[/name_m].
But I think other people will occasionally use [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] or [name_m]Ford[/name_m] anyway, if he introduces himself as [name_m]Clifford[/name_m].

To me it seems a bit of a stretch… Plus, it can be tricky to enforce a nickname. [name_m]How[/name_m] you would feel if your son decides to go by [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] or [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] when he’s older?

1 Like

[name_u]Kit[/name_u] is a very nickname-y name anyway, so it could definitely work for [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] imo!

I definitely think [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] works, although I do think it’s the type of nickname that might not stick forever–just in case it would bother you if he did end up going by [name_m]Clifford[/name_m]/[name_m]Cliff[/name_m]/[name_m]Ford[/name_m] later. I love the idea of [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] honoring both sides of your family, and that brings other nn options as well–[name_u]Sully[/name_u], [name_u]Van[/name_u], etc. I’m a fan of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] too!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] totally works! I do quite like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] too, since they’re both family names.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Awe I really like [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]!
I’ve only ever met one [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] (late 20s), he went by [name_m]Cliff[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] with the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]! I think it’s so sweet. I like how meaningful [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] is too. I also really like how cuddly and adorable [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] is!

Also, sometimes nicknames that aren’t necessarily associated with the first name work too. So I wouldn’t think twice if I met a [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] nicknamed [name_u]Kit[/name_u], if you truly love [name_u]Kit[/name_u]!!

Thanks everyone! I’m glad that most people think it could work, but agree that because I don’t really like the idea of [name_m]Cliff[/name_m] or [name_m]Ford[/name_m] that I should stick with [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] (forgot to mention [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] as an option in my original post oops)

I like the idea of [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] with the nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u] too. I have a lot to think about

I LOVE [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_m]Clifford[/name_m]. I had never considered it before but now I am crushing HARD.

I like honouring and names that have family meaning. So [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] or [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] swing my vote.