Kitty?

What does everyone think of [name]Kitty[/name] as a nickname for [name]Katherine[/name]? Is it cute and vintage, or too tied to kittens?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! My favorite nn for [name]Katherine[/name]. Want it to be used again!!!

[name]Love[/name] it :slight_smile: I had a great-aunt [name]Kitty[/name] ([name]Kathleen[/name]) and I think it’s a wonderful nn. Along with just [name]Kit[/name]. Much mroe unique than [name]Kate[/name] right now.

I love [name]Kit[/name] and wished we had used it instead of [name]Katie[/name] as nn for my daughter [name]Katharine[/name] (we do use it occasionally). I’m having a harder time loving [name]Kitty[/name] though.

We’ve been calling my new baby [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Kitty[/name] sometimes! [name]Wes[/name] about to post and see what people thought of this nn…guess you beat me to it:) I think it’s sweet.

My little niece goes by [name]Kitty[/name], (full name is [name]Catherine[/name]). I have to say my sister has gotten a lot of different reactions to it. Some people love it, while others definitely do not. She even had someone flat out tell her that it sounds like a hooker name. Some people are just rude! I think it is adorable and spunky…just like my niece :slight_smile:

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Kit[/name], not sold on [name]Kitty[/name]. Am I just hyper-sensitive, or does [name]Kitty[/name] have slightly naughty, wink-wink connotations?
Also makes me think of kitty litter.

Actually, my mother’s name is [name]Kitty[/name] ([name]Kathleen[/name]). She never went by [name]Kathleen[/name] ever.

The only negative if you see it as one is the fact of: Here kitty kitty come here…which is something I said often growing up if I lost her in a clothing store and so on…

No offense to anyone, but I don’t think it is a good idea. I always picture a stripper or something when I hear the name [name]Kitty[/name] or [name]Kat[/name]. I think it sounds a bit too provocative imo. [name]Kit[/name] or even [name]Katie[/name] would be best and they sound childlike and friendly. They don’t have a provocative undertone like [name]Kitty[/name]/[name]Kat[/name].

Sorry, always been a [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katy[/name] person. I find [name]Kitty[/name] too diminutive, though [name]Kat[/name] is worse.

My niece (now 17) was named [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], but began to be called [name]Kitty[/name] right away as a nn by one of her grandmothers because of her beautiful eyes looking a bit like a cat’s (in a good way). It stuck and she still has NEVER been known as [name]Alexis[/name]. I’m not sure anyone really even knows that’s her given name, but I [name]LOVE[/name] it and everyone who knows her knows it fits so well, and it’s much more unique than [name]Alexis[/name]! I say yes to [name]Kitty[/name]! Sidenote: The cute thing is, our [name]Kitty[/name] has 4 sisters, two of which are named [name]Elizabeth[/name] (goes by [name]Lizzie[/name]) and [name]Mary[/name], so they are like the Pride and Prejudice sisters!

I think [name]Kitty[/name] is adorable! It is my favorite nickname for [name]Katherine[/name] in my opinion.

[name]Kate[/name] and [name]Katie[/name] are cliched now, and [name]Kathy[/name] makes me think of [name]Kathie[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Gifford[/name].

It doesn’t make me think of strippers, it makes me think of Hello [name]Kitty[/name]. Too cutesy. I love [name]Katherine[/name] as a full name but I’m less keen on the diminutives; if pushed, I’d have to go with [name]Kate[/name].