Kurt Cobain was a name nerd?

I don’t know if this is genuine, but has anyone seen this (supposed) handwritten list of potential baby names from when Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love had their daughter Frances Bean?

The girls names in particular scream 2021 name-nerd to me and aren’t all that typical of what was popular back in the 90s.

I’ve put an asterisk next to my faves, let me know what yours are!

Ariel
Annabel *
Astrid *
Bell
Brigit
Bryony * (and Bryory?)
Clementine *
Wilhelmina *
Cherry
Claudia *
Daphne
Allegra
Lorna
Frances *
Grace
Agnes *
Eden
Lily
Ruby
Ivy *
Violet

13 Likes

I saw this recently somewhere on the internet too, and I thought it was so cool. He had great taste in names!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites:

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never seen this before, how interesting. I wonder where he got his inspiration from (I’m guessing literature?). [name_f]Bryony[/name_f] is intriguing because it’s not really a name that Americans use (compared to Brits), so I wonder where he heard it.

2 Likes

Such a cool list! And their daughter has such a cool name - it always makes me think of vanilla beans, I love it sm!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites:
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cherry[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

1 Like

This is really cool! Makes you think about what they would have gone with if they had had more children.

1 Like

This makes me so happy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

I’m not surprised. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is a fabulous name, that wasn’t very expected when she was born. I like so many of these! Particularly [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. But [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] would have been so interesting!

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see both [name_f]Bryony[/name_f] and Bryory :relaxed:

1 Like

Okay this is slightly funny to me bc one of the 10 Frankies I thought of while naming my cat was [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_m]Cobain[/name_m]. I call her [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Bean[/name_u] sometimes. I also really like [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Such good taste :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Bean[/name_u] definitely seems like a name nerd kinda name

1 Like