Kylan for a boy

My husband and I are currently not having a boy but are trying to expand our list for when/if we do. We recently saw the name [name_m]Kylan[/name_m] pronounced kye-len. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you all feel about this name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it is too out there or too feminine?

I don’t think it’s too feminine- the -ylan ending is unisex to me, leaning more on the masculine side! If I were to associate it with a gender, I would think that [name_m]Kylan[/name_m] was a boy. :smiley: It’s not my style per se, but I don’t think it’s too “out-there”!
edit: I also like the nickname [name_u]Kai[/name_u]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Kyler[/name_u] nn [name_u]Kai[/name_u] or [name_u]Rylan[/name_u]

[name_m]Kylan[/name_m] isn’t my personal style, but it’s still nice! Doesn’t sound feminine at all, and I also think it fits in perfectly with current popular names (so not too out there!)

I love the nickname [name_m]Ky[/name_m]/Kai :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it sounds feminine at all. I like it. I would probably pronounce it [name_m]Ky[/name_m]-lan rather than [name_m]Ky[/name_m]-[name_m]Len[/name_m] though if I were to see it.

1 Like

Kylan is boyish and cool

1 Like

Kylan is a very masculine name! I’m not an huge fan, but [name_u]Kai[/name_u]/Kye would be a great nickname.
[name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest [name_u]Rye[/name_u], [name_u]Rylan[/name_u], [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] and [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m]?

1 Like

I think it sounds nice.

1 Like