L”a, Lea, or Leah?

See the results of this poll: Which one do you like better?

Respondents: 31 (This poll is closed)

• L”a Francesca: 10 (32%)
  • Leah Francesca: 17 (55%)
  • Lea Francesca: 4 (13%)

Okay, this might be weird, but let me try to explain myself.

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] involves both pronunciations of I. [name]Piper[/name] has the I (eye) sound, wheres [name]Lillian[/name] has the i (as in “pick”) sound. I’d wish to recreate this with your second daughter’s name.

Now, I don’t know how to do accents on here, but I choose [name]Lea[/name] ([name]LAY[/name]-uh) because [name]Lea[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] has a more melodic flow, like [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lillian[/name].

Good luck!

No, that doesn’t sound weird at all…what drew me to [name]Leah[/name]/L”a [name]Francesca[/name] was actually a bunch of similarities between the two names that isn’t obvious. They both have two syllable first names and three syllable middle names, and while [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] has different ‘i’ sounds, [name]Leah[/name]/L”a [name]Francesca[/name] has different ‘e’ sounds.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Definitely L”a.
[name]Leah[/name], although a beautiful name, sounds downright plain next to [name]Piper[/name]!
L”a is much less commonplace and I love the flow with [name]Francesca[/name]!

Good luck!

I have a friend named L”a, although she doesn’t use the accent. She’s a sweetie pie and gorgeous. I don’t like the [name]Lea[/name]/Leahs I’ve met. So maybe more personal reasons… L”a is also less common. Although you will have to say it’s [name]LAY[/name]-uh not [name]LEE[/name]-uh.

I voted for [name]Leah[/name], this is one of my favourite names, i think it just looks more complete to me than the other 2

[name]Lia[/name]

I don’t love [name]Leah[/name] because it looks common, but [name]Lea[/name] could be [name]Lee[/name] and [name]Lea[/name] with the accent could be pronounced [name]Leia[/name] or “[name]Lay[/name]-a”. So if you intend it to always sound like [name]Lee[/name]-a then I’d use the “h”.
[name]Lia[/name] is also a good option!

I vote [name]Leah[/name], primarily because L”a (however spelled) will always be associated with [name]Star[/name] Wars.

[name]Leah[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] is very pretty.

Good luck!