L”a - light, carefree names needed...

Hello - this is my first time posting, but I’ve been a fan of the site for a while. My tastes don’t line up exactly with all the nameberrites out there, but you guys seem to give great advice. Well, here goes!

I’m expecting a baby girl, and DH and I are positive that we want to use L”a (pn [name]LAY[/name]-uh) in the name, either fn or mn. We’re looking for very light, carefree names, something breezy that rolls off the tongue and isn’t too heavy. We have one daughter named [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lillian[/name], and some names we like but can’t use are [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Carson[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], and [name]Paige[/name]. (we like many “masculine” names)

I’m open to any suggestions! Thank you!

[name]Lea[/name] [name]Coco[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I really love [name]Lillian[/name] with [name]Piper[/name]! I think it’s great! :slight_smile:

Are you looking for another name like [name]Piper[/name]? There are a lot of great ones, but not all of them work with [name]Lea[/name] (I can’t type with accents, so I apologize).

Names like [name]Piper[/name] with [name]Lea[/name]:

[name]Lea[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Sheridan[/name]

I love the longer middles, but some shorter ones you may like:

[name]Lea[/name] [name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Darby[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Marlow[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Quincy[/name]

[name]Non[/name]-modern sounding middles:

[name]Lea[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Lea[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]

So many of the names like [name]Piper[/name] don’t flow well with [name]Lea[/name] to me (in terms of rhythm, not style), but on the remote chance that you decide not to use [name]Lea[/name] in the middle, I can see these first names with [name]Piper[/name] (but not with [name]Lea[/name], because of the flow):

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Kerrigan[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your ideas!

We actually had the name [name]Violet[/name] on our original list, but we just didn’t think it worked well with L”a…

Names like [name]Piper[/name] are helpful (because we might like that style) but I’m just looking for a winning combo, whether the style be completely different or not.

The ones I like from your suggestions (haven’t run them by hubby yet) are L”a [name]Flannery[/name] (so cute and spunky!) and L”a [name]Josephine[/name], and your idea of L”a [name]Rosalie[/name] made me think of L”a Bellarose or L”a Rosebella.

I also like [name]Quinn[/name] (although, too associated with the new show Glee?), but you’re right, L”a [name]Quinn[/name] isn’t great…I think [name]Quinn[/name] L”a is okay though. Maybe we could lengthen L”a to L”anna? I think [name]Quinn[/name] L”anna is pretty…

More suggestions are always helpful!

[name]Leanna[/name] is very pretty, have you considered [name]Linnea[/name] (pronounced lyn-ae-uh)? It is a flower name that sounds very similar and one of my personal faves.

I don’t have any suggestions at the moment, but I just wanted to quickly reply and recommend that you take [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Lea[/name] off the list. It sounds an awful lot like [name]Queen[/name] [name]Lea[/name] (which makes me think of [name]Princess[/name] [name]Lea[/name]).

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Layla[/name]?

I love L”a [name]Josephine[/name] - so pretty! I also liked the suggestion of L”a [name]Flannery[/name].
I would not change L”a to L”anna - I think you lose the carefree feeling.
L”a [name]Violet[/name] works well, I think, and matches [name]Piper[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]'s mix of unexpected/fun (carefree is a better description) with traditional/vintage. I think L”a [name]Josephine[/name] does the same, and personally I prefer [name]Josephine[/name] to [name]Violet[/name].