Lacey and Lesley...together?

I think that if I have two girls I will name them [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Lesley[/name]. But I think they might be too similar. [name]Do[/name] you think so? If so, which of those would you choose, and would [name]Jayne[/name] be a good choice for the next girl?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]

I second that. I’m not crazy about [name]Lesley[/name], spelled correctly or not. I think [name]Jane[/name] is gorgeous, but I don’t like the spelling [name]Jayne[/name].
[name]Jane[/name] and [name]Lacey[/name] are very pretty together.

I third [name]Rollo[/name] and second [name]Rachel[/name].

[name]Lacey[/name] is cute, but [name]Lesley[/name] is too close - both names share the L beginning, S sound, -EY ending, and two syllables. Also, [name]Lesley[/name] feels slightly dated to me. [name]Jane[/name], without the Y, is a lovely, underused classic, in my opinion. If you like [name]Lesley[/name], what about using it for a middle name - [name]Jane[/name] [name]Lesley[/name]?

Please don’t use [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Lesley[/name] together. I say this because we have a [name]Lacey[/name] and a [name]Leslie[/name] (well, she just left for college, but still) at work and I think I called [name]Lacey[/name] “[name]Leslie[/name]” at least twice tonight. Of the two names, I like [name]Lacey[/name] better. I love [name]Jane[/name] (no “y”, please!), but don’t think it really goes with your other choices.

I second that. I’m not crazy about [name]Lesley[/name], spelled correctly or not. I think [name]Jane[/name] is gorgeous, but I don’t like the spelling [name]Jayne[/name].
[name]Jane[/name] and [name]Lacey[/name] are very pretty together.[/quote]

I agrre as well.

I have been called ‘[name]Lacey[/name]’ when my name (spelled by the people at that office as ‘[name]Lesley[/name]’) is [name]Leslie[/name].
Personally, I like ‘[name]Lesley[/name]’ faaaar better than ‘[name]Lacey[/name]’.
I do think the 2 names are too similar for siblings.
Other names that are close to ‘[name]Lesley[/name]’ are:

• [name]Lindsey[/name]/[name]Lindsay[/name]: (I like the names(s), but I have accidentally been called by this name countless times–even slip-ups from acquaintances! It is (by far) the number one name people mistake for mine.)!
  • [name]Lisa[/name]: A rarity, but not appreciated!
  • [name]Liesel[/name]: Rare, although appreciated more than ‘[name]Lisa[/name]’, especially since it is essentially ‘[name]Leslie[/name]’ with the letters switched around! Also, I dig the name.

I think ‘[name]Lesley[/name]’ is pretty & feminine!!! :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Jane[/name].

[name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Leslie[/name] are way to similar. They’re both so similar they’re practically the same name. They’re really only different by two half syllables. They’re both L_-_ie/y.

Also the superfluous Y in [name]Jayne[/name] really ruins the simplistic beauty that makes [name]Jane[/name] so attractive to begin with.

Sometimes I wonder if you just come up with the most matchie names you can think of…

I think [name]Lacey[/name] is cute, but for me it’s just too cute for a full name. I would like it as a nickname, but I don’t know for what. It reminds me of [name]Laney[/name] which is also cute and can be a nickname for [name]Elaine[/name], among other things.

I would rather be named [name]Lesley[/name] than [name]Lacey[/name], by a long shot. I don’t get the dislike for it here. I have a friend named [name]Lesley[/name] and it never occurred to me that it wasn’t a good name! I think it’s cute on a little girl, great for a teenager, and grows up nicely for a woman. The nn [name]Les[/name] doesn’t look so good on paper I guess, but it works very nicely in real life!

@ triceratops-- since I’m a [name]Leslie[/name], when people callme ‘[name]Les[/name]’ (Pr. ‘Less’) I love to say ‘[name]Les[/name]-is-more’! :wink:
Also, a genuine pet name for ‘[name]Leslie[/name]’ = ‘[name]Lessie[/name]’ (even though it is an old-fashioned stand alone name itself)… My Mom-Mom called me ‘[name]Lessie[/name]’. As far as nicknames go, those salient to my real name that I get often (by adults here) are: ‘[name]Les[/name]’, ‘Lez’, ‘L’…
Most people naturally pronounce my name with a ‘z’ sound in the middle (like with ‘[name]Lindsey[/name]’), which I normally prefer.
I only like it when a few select people (my Dad, my best friend of 20 yrs., etc.) use the ‘ss’ sound in the middle.
It is not actually that popular of a given name, but not too ‘out there’, either!! :slight_smile:

Also, I think ‘[name]Jayne[/name]/[name]Jane[/name]’ is too commonplace to go with ‘[name]Lesley[/name]’ or ‘[name]Lacey[/name]’ for a sib set…
What about [name]Jaime[/name]? [name]Julie[/name]? [name]June[/name]/[name]Junie[/name]?
[name]Janie[/name]/[name]Janey[/name] may be a lot better (at least for a nn) with ‘[name]Lesley[/name]’ or ‘[name]Lacey[/name]’!