Lalita?

I’m thinking of changing my online pseudonym from [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] Song to something else.

I thought, since I’m [name_f]Indian[/name_f], and since I’ve grown to embrace that part of myself more over the years, I might choose an [name_f]Indian[/name_f] name.

I want a name that’s lovely, lyrical, poetic, and timeless.

[name_f]Lalita[/name_f] (luh-li-tha) is one I’ve been thinking of.

What do you think of it? What vibes do you think it gives off?

Others names I’ve been thinking of include:
• [name_f]Nikita[/name_f]
• [name_f]Lilavati[/name_f]
• [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
• [name_f]Mira[/name_f]
• Kavika
• [name_m]Nitya[/name_m]
• [name_f]Kavita[/name_f]
• [name_f]Anjali[/name_f]
• Kamini

Which do you like? What vibes do they give? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions?

[name_f]Lalita[/name_f] is gorgeous! It definitely fits the bill of lovely, lyrical, poetic, and timeless. It gives off princess-y vibes, but also musical vibes too.
Of your other options, my favorites are (in this order) [name_f]Nikita[/name_f], [name_f]Lilavati[/name_f], and [name_f]Kavita[/name_f]! [name_f]Nikita[/name_f] feels spunky, fresh, and strong, [name_f]Lilavati[/name_f] reminds me of lilypads floating on a pond, and [name_f]Kavita[/name_f] is sharp and princess-y, and I love the meaning!
A few other suggestions for you:
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Indira[/name_f]
[name_f]Nandita[/name_f]
[name_m]Jyoti[/name_m]
[name_f]Kalindi[/name_f]
[name_f]Mitra[/name_f]

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply! <3

1 Like

[name_f]Lalita[/name_f] is stunning and is my favourite from your list :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for replying! :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Lalita[/name_f] is bright and pretty with a memorable feel - light and glowy.

[name_f]My[/name_f] only doubt is that people might assume it’s linked to [name_f]Lolita[/name_f] which might given them ideas about your writing? I might be overthinking that though!

I also like:

[name_f]Lilavati[/name_f] → magical, sparkly and pretty

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] → magical and international

[name_f]Kavita[/name_f] → zippy and magical, with a beautiful meaning

[name_f]Anjali[/name_f] → I like the flow and feel

I feel like [name_f]Lilavati[/name_f] gives you the vibes of [name_f]Lalita[/name_f] with some extra magic

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! :blush:

1 Like

Lalita is nice, though I don’t think I’d use it, it’s just too close to “Lolita” in my opinion.

I love the names Lila and Mira. Lilavati is new to me but I think I really like it.

I don’t really know enough about Indian culture to suggest which names would be considered timeless, but to me they all seem like they’d work on a person of any age, none of them are (to me) obviously too cutesy/childish or too old-ladyish.

1 Like

Thank you for replying! <3

1 Like

I have a whole list of [name_f]Indian[/name_f] names, so I am naturally very happy when I stumble across a post like this.

From your list, I like [name_f]Kavita[/name_f], [name_f]Anjali[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. Here are some names I think you’d like:

[name_f]Kavya[/name_f]
[name_f]Savi[/name_f]
Anjana
Keyuri
[name_f]Shreya[/name_f]
Arpita
Lata
Sanika
Mythri - one of my favs
[name_f]Vidya[/name_f]
[name_f]Hira[/name_f]
Gayatri
[name_f]Amrita[/name_f]
[name_f]Tara[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply! :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Lalita[/name_f] is lovely! She ends up being at least partially tarnished by [name_f]Lolita[/name_f] for me but she’s lyrical and very cool. Guess the [name_f]Lolita[/name_f] thing doesn’t really matter for a username :joy::joy:

Mainly just came to fangirl over [name_f]Lilavati[/name_f], I am so, so in love with this name but never see it… makes me so happy to come across it! She gets my vote, for what it’s worth.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply! <3

[name_f]Lalita[/name_f] is fun, sassy, and strong. Musical, energetic, unusual, happy.

Thank you for replying! <3

1 Like