Lane

1. What do you think of the name [name]Lane[/name]?
  2. What middle names would you suggest?
  3. If in a sibset of say brothers [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Riley[/name], and sisters [name]Leighton[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name], does it work? Or is it too similar to [name]Leighton[/name]?
  1. I like [name]Lane[/name]
  2. I like [name]Lane[/name] as a middle name mostly. But [name]Lane[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Lane[/name] [name]Serenity[/name].
  3. I think it could work,

I think it’s short and sweet. I really only like it as a middle though, since it’s a word name. [name]Lanie[/name] is cute too. In that sibste, i think it goes really well with [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Riley[/name]. Kind of fresh, new, cute together. But [name]Leighton[/name] seems too trendy and [name]Eliza[/name] too dated. If it was a first name, a long middle would be good, like…

[name]Lane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Annabella[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped!

It could be too similar to [name]Leighton[/name]. For a boy I would spell it [name]Lane[/name], and for a girl I would spell it [name]Laine[/name].

[name]Lane[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] Cézanne
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] / [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Everly[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Nora[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Sidony[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Aria[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Roxanne[/name]

[name]Lane[/name] is unisex, so I think a feminine middle name is the way to go (I don’t mean frilly lile [name]Arabella[/name] or [name]Evangelina[/name], just feminine.)

1. What do you think of the name Lane?
    All boy to me. My husband suggested it when I was pregnant with my daughter as I wanted to honor my dad in her name but it’s just to masculine sounding. AWESOME name for a boy, not for a girl. We went with Delaney, nn Laney (or Laney Mae, her mn being Mae)-very feminine and I still got the “Lane” to honor my dad. Laine would work for a girl nicely, gives it a feminine feel. Obviously I love the nn Lainey.

2. What middle names would you suggest?
    Something very unmistakably feminine if you want people to know her gender when they read her name.

3. If in a sibset of say brothers Nolan and Riley, and sisters Leighton and Eliza, does it work? Or is it too similar to Leighton?
    Definitely to close in sound to Leighton. On second thought, I think they’d be okay together. They are close but would you call her Laine or Lainey? Lainey and Leighton are okay and then people will know she’s a girl if you call her Lainey.

1. What do you think of the name [name]Lane[/name]? - I definitely think of a boy. This is such a handsome name that does not feel unisex to me

2. What middle names would you suggest? - Something very girly and frilly, [name]Lane[/name] [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Lane[/name] [name]Mariah[/name], [name]Lane[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]?

3. If in a sibset of say brothers [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Riley[/name], and sisters [name]Leighton[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name], does it work? Or is it too similar to [name]Leighton[/name]? - I don’t think it is necessarily to close to [name]Leighton[/name] but it is not feminine enough at all. Especially if you have [name]Riley[/name] as a boy. I cannot see a boy named [name]Riley[/name] with a sister named [name]Lane[/name] it just seems mismatched. If you are still considering [name]Liam[/name] I would definitely ditch [name]Lane[/name], [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Lane[/name] are way too matchy.

1. I like it for both genders. [name]Lane[/name] for a boy, [name]Laine[/name] for a girl.
2. I would go for a long middle name, quite girly and frilly. [name]Lane[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Lane[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name], [name]Lane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]?
3. My first opinion is that [name]Lane[/name] and [name]Leighton[/name] are too close, but on second thoughts, I think it could work. The only thing that makes [name]Lane[/name] stick out is it being the only one-syllable name. I’m not sure if that’s too much of an issue for anyone else, but it really sticks out for me.

I agree with this.

I like it on both genders. I knew a girl [name]Lane[/name] that often went by [name]Laney[/name]. I do think that it might be too close to the sound of [name]Leighton[/name] in a sibset.

Not a fan of it for a first name for a girl. I do like it as a middle…

My mom’s name is [name]Shellaine[/name] and if I had a girl I would give her [name]Lane[/name] as a mn to honor my mom… But I would spell it [name]Laine[/name] too