Lark Juliet MarySomething- is it possible?

Thanks for you (and everyone’s) thoughtful responses. I didn’t mean to be unclear. We can’t drop [name]Lark[/name] from her name. It has to be somewhere. So much heart and effort went into it, although I was originally won over by the arguments to use it as a nn, it IS her name, so it needs to be in there somewhere.

hahaha! Thanks, [name]Pam[/name]. You should put a chapter in your next book called “Who Cares What [name]Pam[/name] thinks” :stuck_out_tongue: I hadn’t heard the story of your son before; makes me feel better.

[name]Do[/name] you (or anyone) have an opinon on whether the flow of [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] is better? I lean towards [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] simply because the other way around makes it sound like a species of [name]Lark[/name]…

Also, certainly saw myself in your most recent blog entry :stuck_out_tongue: I hope I’m not the only one who is months out with an un-named baby. blaaah.

Thanks for all your research, dearest. Loving the versions of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Particularly interesting is Ellsiv. hmm… We actually considered [name]Elspeth[/name] way back when, but DH nixed it. [name]Don[/name]'t remember why. :slight_smile:

I know DH officially picked ”[name]Lark[/name]”, but way back when, you were the one dying to name your baby ”[name]Lark[/name]” and DH wanted ”[name]Thea[/name]”, and that was the big debate. Seems he chose ”[name]Lark[/name]” in the end out of his love for you, not because he somehow prevailed in the naming game. So, yes, I agree, he should be happy with the middle names, too. So, BTW, what are DH”s top picks for middles? You haven”t mentioned if he has come up with any of his own suggestions?

Also, have you considered [name]Merry[/name] as your [name]Mary[/name] variant? [name]Merry[/name] could give you that happy meaning you”ve been looking for.

OK, some suggestions

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylou[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]

Seems like the above 3 combos would fit all your criteria.

More suggestions …

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] Maryweld (love the alliteration)
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name] (ditto)
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Maryjane[/name] (ditto, [name]Maryjane[/name] to honor [name]Juliet[/name])

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Beth[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”)

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Marylou[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”)

[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Kay[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”) ” you can almost pull the ”[name]Lark[/name]” from the initials/sounds in [name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Kay[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (“[name]Lark[/name]”)
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld (”[name]Lark[/name]”)
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

[name]Louisa[/name] Maryweld [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maryjane[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (love the alliteration) (”[name]Lark[/name]”)
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (”[name]Lark[/name]”)

Good luck.[/quote]

I want to be won over by [name]Marylou[/name], I really do. I’m just… well, not… it reminds me of CindyLou Who, who was no more than two… (perhaps it is the season?)

You’ve given me some lovely combos to look at. Thank you.

and, on the topic of DH, no, he has no suggestions for middles. He’s burned out. He’s left it to me and that’s okay with both of us. Tho, I don’t want him to hate whatever I pick

The more I think about everything you wrote, the more it sits well with me and the more I agree. I think you are right. [name]Lark[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] and maybe [name]Marybeth[/name] is the honest best option.

okay, I was going to try to personally reply to everyone who has been so thoughtful, but running short on naptime…

Here’s what I’m thinking are realistic options for me right now:

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name]/[name]Maribeth[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylouise[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marliese (pretty please, can someone pronounce this name for me??? [name]Marley[/name]… [name]Mar[/name]-lise or [name]Mar[/name]-i-lise?)
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld

Next list, although I love [name]Juliet[/name] and would be happy to have it up front, I feel like following it with [name]Lark[/name] makes it sound like a species of [name]Lark[/name] (as in, [name]Morning[/name] [name]Lark[/name], Horned [name]Lark[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name]…) agree? Disagree?

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marybeth[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Marylouise[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

farther down on the list, because I would have to give up something I don’t want to…
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

If I had to pick right this second, I would choose
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Marylouise[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
but that’s quite the mouthful and the consensus seems to be that’s too much name (I haven’t presented [name]Marylouise[/name] to DH yet, but, usually when you all say it is too much, he also thinks it is too much- not because you do, just an observation)

[name]Do[/name] weigh in as you see fit.

Two more thoughts-
first -YES!! That is exactly what I’m looking for.

second- I love [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name]. She’s the only reason I’m able to see [name]Tallulah[/name] as a legit baby name option (I tried, DH said NO [name]WAY[/name]) :slight_smile: Not sure I feel the same about [name]Marianne[/name], despite the [name]Tori[/name] song- think it is just because of the handful I have known.

As far as I know, Marliese is pronounced mar-LEES, kind of like [name]Anneliese[/name]. In Germany, it’s probably more like mar-lee-za. I love [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Marliese is gorgeous! I think every one of your choices are lovely, though!!

Hm. thanks for your help.
I can only find it online spelled Marlise… this being the best approximation of a pn I can find
“approx English pronunciation for Marlies: M as in “me (M.IY)” ; AA as in “odd (AA.D)” ; R as in “read (R.IY.D)” ; L as in “lee (L.IY)” ; IY as in “eat (IY.T)” ; Z as in “zee (Z.IY)””

What does everyone think about it pn like that, flow-wise
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mar[/name]-leez

I was hoping it had the same kind of soft ‘lise’ ending, kind of like [name]Elise[/name]…

If Marliese is pronounced ([name]Mar[/name]-Lees), I would totally go with [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marliese! It’s pretty. Maybe [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marlise? [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] Marlise? This little girl is definitely going to have a well-thought-out name. :slight_smile: Good luck! Can’t wait to hear what you decide on.

I’m from South [name]Africa[/name] originally and in Afrikaans (which has some sounds similar to [name]German[/name] but especially Dutch) it would definitely be [name]MAR[/name]-leez. It’s pretty!

I actually get the same feeling from Maryweld that you do, and I like it!

I actually get the same feeling from Maryweld that you do, and I like it![/quote]

I love Maryweld, and I’m not sure if this was suggested, but since you like the fairy feel, I thought I’d mention that the blue fairy in Sleeping Beauty is Merryweather which I think is really pretty!

Okay, my favorites from your list are

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld AND

I lean ever so slightly toward [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name], since [name]Miriam[/name] was your original MN for [name]Baby[/name] [name]Lark[/name].

Sorry, I don’t really like [name]Marybeth[/name], [name]Marylouise[/name], or Marliese. However, I don’t have a problem with [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name] (since it’s not actually a type of bird …)

I think if all 4 names are fairly shortish, you could get away with 4 names (+ [name]Jackson[/name]). Yeah, it’s a mouthful, yeah, it’s a lot of name, but it won’t really matter because the full name will rarely be written down anywhere, and you have special personal reasons for wanting to choose each name. If you go that route, I’d use

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] OR
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Elise[/name] OR
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Beth[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] OR
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Beth[/name] OR
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

My favorite is [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Beth[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].
My 2nd favorite is [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].

[name]May[/name] I suggest [name]Lark[/name] [name]Maryse[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maryse[/name]? [name]Maryse[/name] is a Latin name meaning “of the sea”. It is pronounced may-riss, and can also be spelled as [name]Maris[/name] or Mayris, but [name]Maryse[/name] is the original. I would also suggest [name]Lark[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Bethany[/name], which would honor [name]Beth[/name]. Honestly, I find it hard to make both a [name]Beth[/name] name and a [name]Mary[/name] name work, unless you go with [name]Marybeth[/name]. But [name]Marylouise[/name] seems a bit awkward. Another option is three middle names, like [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Miriam[/name].

One other thought, since the family member you wish to name your daughter after had a hyphenated first name, how about naming your daughter with a hyphenated first name incorporating either [name]Beth[/name] or [name]Elise[/name], such as

[name]Beth[/name]-[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Beth[/name]-[name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]-[name]Elise[/name] Maryweld [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]-[name]Beth[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]-[name]Beth[/name] Maryweld [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]

I am with [name]Deidre[/name] on these being the two best contenders

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Maryweld AND

I don’t like [name]MaryBeth[/name] and it doesn’t seem like your style either.

Hm. thanks for your help.
I can only find it online spelled Marlise… this being the best approximation of a pn I can find
“approx English pronunciation for Marlies: M as in “me (M.IY)” ; AA as in “odd (AA.D)” ; R as in “read (R.IY.D)” ; L as in “lee (L.IY)” ; IY as in “eat (IY.T)” ; Z as in “zee (Z.IY)””

What does everyone think about it pn like that, flow-wise
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mar[/name]-leez

I was hoping it had the same kind of soft ‘lise’ ending, kind of like [name]Elise[/name]…[/quote]

According to [name]Baby[/name] Names World, which is the most reliable names database I have found on the web, Marlise is a contraction of [name]Maria[/name] and [name]Lise[/name] pronounced ([name]MAR[/name] liz). I’d wonder though whether [name]MAR[/name]-lees might be an acceptable pronunciation as well since it comes from [name]Lise[/name]… do you see what I’m getting at? I agree that [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marlise with the -lees ending is absolutely gorgeous!

The suggestion of [name]Maryse[/name] (mah REEZ) is another fitting one as [name]Maryse[/name] is a contraction of [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maryse[/name], with the -REEZ ending flows beautifully and is quite soft in sound. I hope this helps and good luck!

I think [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Marliese is lovely, and covers all of your requirements.

Good luck!

Actually, the website I used said that [name]Maryse[/name] was pronounced [name]MAY[/name]-riss, and I know a little [name]Maryse[/name] who pronounces it that way. I have also read a book where the pronounciation is given, and it was [name]MAY[/name]-riss. I suppose some people see it as [name]MARE[/name]-RISS, but I really just don’t see mah-REEZ.

Another suggestion, not sure if anyone else has already mentioned it:

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]May[/name]. I know it seems sort of plain and “generic”, but I heard from previous posts that you don’t like anything too frilly. [name]May[/name] is short and simple, but very sweet. It is also a form of [name]Mary[/name], so you have that one covered. Another suggestion branches out from my previous post of [name]Bethany[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Lark[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]May[/name]? It seems long, but then you have both things covered. Another suggestion is [name]Lark[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. Since [name]Isabelle[/name] is the Spanish form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], the the -belle part must somehow translate into [name]Beth[/name]. Voila, you have [name]Marybeth[/name] but in a prettier way. [name]Lark[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maribel[/name], but I prefer the first option. Other options include [name]Maybell[/name], [name]Maybeth[/name], and possible [name]Mabel[/name], but thats going a bit too far.

Good luck!

– [name]Lucy[/name]