Last minute doubts - help please

I think the name [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] would be very handsome for your little boy :heart:. Also, in regards to spelling, I always prefer the -ien spelling to the -ian spelling, so [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] over [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_u]Adrien[/name_u] over [name_u]Adrian[/name_u]. I feel like the -ien ending is just more masculine to me, and looks more [name_u]French[/name_u].

1 Like

I agree with you about the -ien ending feeling more [name_u]French[/name_u]. I live in a bilingual area in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] (English and French). As my husband and I have [name_u]French[/name_u] origins, we’re thinking about honoring them with the spelling (for [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] or Adrien).

We’re definitely leaning toward [name_m]Bastien[/name_m], because it felt like the most natural choice during this pregnancy. We still want to meet our child before the final decision, just to make sure that it still feels right when we see him.

I like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] the most and have never once considered it snobby!

[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] is nice but the spelling issues turn me off a bit from it.

Good luck

1 Like

I want to thank everyone for your kind and respectful answers. You have reassured me. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is not born yet, but I feel confident again with the three names my partner and I considered from the beginning of the pregnancy: Bastien,Tristan and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]. Can’t wait to meet this little one :blue_heart: