Last minute, emergency naming help needed! RESOLVED

I love the suggestions of:

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Sunshine[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]

I love hippie-dippy names <3

Oh, we both know and love the mythology! But DH showed me that some websites have various meanings of the actual name, one was “person-slayer” or “murderer”. It was based on the breakdown of the name. It ruined it for him, and he turned around and ruined it for me. :lol:

:lol: That is whole lots of awesome. I have always cared less on official meanings. Hell, I’m Atheist and named my daughter, [name]Natalija[/name], which is the Slovenian version of [name]Natalie[/name], which means “[name]Born[/name] on [name]Christmas[/name]”. Most of the names I like are Biblical. Our next boy will be named [name]Gabriel[/name]! ha ha ha.

I also try not to care about “official” meanings. However, I live in the Bible Belt and everybody chooses bible names here (and if you don’t they try to find some kind of way that the name can be interpreted as [name]Christian[/name]!). And then I went and named my second child [name]Gabriel[/name], because he was born and I looked at him and that’s what his name was, but everybody was all, “Oh, after the archangel!”. With an implied “[name]Don[/name]'t try to deny it, neener neener, you chose a bible name, ha ha!” :lol:

So…not that I think sibling names have to “go”, especially middle names. But perhaps [name]Marigold[/name] “goes” better with daughter 1’s name?

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]

Or

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] Sunflower

Oh my gosh, naming frenzy has taken over the house!

I’ve been wanting to change my middle name for years, I’ve never liked it (I’m [name]Shayla[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]). I can take one of the extras I picked for [name]Lola[/name] but didn’t use. That will be so fun, once hers is settled. Any of them are more “me” than [name]Patrice[/name].

And just now my younger son came up to me and told me that he’s decided he would take the name HE chose for [name]Lola[/name] (but we didn’t use, obviously) for his middle name. So he will be [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Feather[/name] instead of [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Jude[/name] ([name]Jude[/name] for the Beatles song, of course).

My oldest son then declared he’d do the same, and would henceforth be known as [name]Holden[/name] [name]River[/name] (he has hated [name]Luke[/name] since he was old enough to understand that it was his second name). He’s now 11yo, and he thinks it’s “ludicrous” to be named after a [name]Star[/name] Wars character (DH loves his SW!).

I told the boys that I’d pay for an official name change for their upcoming birthdays if they really want to pick their own middle names.

Makes me think I should just let [name]Lola[/name] pick her own when she’s old enough. But no! I’ll have my fun now and let her change hers later if she wants to. :smiley:

Oh, our situations are a little different then! Religion or lack of religion is more of a personal matter around here (Eastern [name]Canada[/name]), most people wouldn’t try to connect our name choices with our religious views. Anyway, of your two favorite options, I think [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is the prettiest, but if the religious connotation bothers you, I’d say simply go with [name]Lola[/name] Sunflower, which is definitely original. Also, while I completely understand wanting to avoid the type of comments you got with your second child, will most people know your child’s middle name? (Around here they’re rarely used other than on official documents).

Best of luck!

PS: just read your latest post - your sons are hilarious! Good luck with the naming frenzy!! :slight_smile:

I would never have thought that [name]Marigold[/name] had any religious connotations, but nevertheless, it’s beautiful. So what should you choose? I don’t know. I like [name]Lola[/name] Sunflower slightly more, but I think [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] probably ‘goes’ better with [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name].

It’s sounds like a lot of fun at your house! Good luck with all the name changes! (I think [name]Shayla[/name] [name]Meadow[/name] is really pretty, by the way, if you’re wondering what to pick for yourself!)

I love [name]Lola[/name] Sunflower! I also like [name]Willow[/name] and I like [name]Marigold[/name] esp for the meaning behind it. I’m also a sinner/atheist living in the Bible Belt (glad to hear we’re out there) and for what it’s worth, I don’t think of the name as anything but a flower name. I agree that [name]Soleil[/name] would be a pain to pronounce if not a French speaker. I know you have your favorites, but I love this genre of names so I’ll suggest a few in case they strike your fancy.

Flowers/Plants: [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Lavender[/name] (I love this one, too!), [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Gardenia[/name], [name]Peony[/name], [name]Freesia[/name], [name]Myrtle[/name], [name]Orchid[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Sage[/name], Sycamore, [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Petunia[/name], [name]Bluebell[/name],

Hippie vibe: [name]Pandora[/name], [name]Sable[/name], [name]Winter[/name], [name]Indigo[/name], Dusk, [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Shea[/name], [name]Haven[/name], [name]Snow[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Plum[/name]

Another poster on here has a daughter with mn [name]Happy[/name], and [name]Joy[/name], [name]Gloria[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] would go with that vibe as well.

Good luck!

I have a dear friend in [name]Canada[/name] who is just fascinated by the difference in how personal religion is viewed here. He said that where he lives, nobody would ever think to ask, “so are you a [name]Christian[/name]?” or “where do you go to church?” within 3 minutes of meeting somebody (if ever). I can’t imagine a world where you can actually keep your private life private. Incredible!

Two thumbs up for Sunflower!!

So happy that you are considering my suggestion! I actually was contemplating even putting that combo up even though it was the first thought to come to mind.

Good [name]Luck[/name] on choosing! :smiley:

Well, it came down to [name]Marigold[/name] and Sunflower. A LOT of waffling back and forth was done because I they are both just perfect for this sweet baby girl.

In the end (which was 5 minutes ago when I filled in the middle name section on the papers and ran it 1/4 mile up the road to the [name]PO[/name] before I could change my mind), [name]Marigold[/name] won, only because the sentimental value put it in the lead at the last moment.

I feel really happy about it; it felt right when I was writing it down. But who knew naming babies was so hard? It’s probably extra hard because this is almost definitely our last baby and it’s my last hurrah. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much to all of you; your input was vital to my decision-making process! Yay from me and little [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]!

Yay! Congratulations! [name]Lola[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is gorgeous, and hopefully she’ll never want to change it!

I am so happy you went with [name]Marigold[/name] instead of Sunflower. I [name]LOVE[/name] flower names… as long as “flower” isn’t part of the name.