Laura

Hello, what’s your opinions on the name [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Is it out dated? What do you picture when you hear the name [name_f]Laura[/name_f]? Also which combos do you like, and suggestions are welcomed, first names or middle names.

Laura [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Laura[/name_f]-[name_f]Beth[/name_f]”
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

I actually love it, even though it’s my best friends mum’s name

2 Likes

I don’t think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is really dated, but it has an old feel to me. From your list, I really like [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. Maybe:

Laura [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] is a great name

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Laura[/name_f]! I think it’s a beautiful classic with a soft, gentle sound.

I like [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]!

1 Like

LAURA!!! I love that name! Especially the European pronunciation, LAAU-ra, I guess would be the right way to write it. Both are great though!

Laura [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] are my favorites from your list. For the middle, I would try to go more modern- it will give [name_f]Laura[/name_f] a fresh feel. Unless, of course, you really just like more traditional or vintage names.

I would suggest…

Modern:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]

Traditional but still semi-popular:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]/Mary/Maria
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] (I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] could be better alone)
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]

And now I will stop talking, because I love this name and can talk for a long time. Good luck!

2 Likes

I love it! It’s my mother’s name and [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is my grandmother! [name_f]Laura[/name_f]-[name_f]Beth[/name_f] was one of the names that my grandparents were considering. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combos from your list are
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f].
[name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s middle name [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], which I really really like. I also like
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]

1 Like

Love:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
Thank you!

Love:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
Thank you!

Love:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
Thank you!

I love, love, love [name_f]Laura[/name_f]! For whatever reason, I don’t see it as dated at all! I love that it’s familiar without being overused! I picture a sweet little girl who loves the outdoors! [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] are absolutely darling!

2 Likes

Laura feels pretty timeless to me! [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is lovely

1 Like

Laura might be a little dated, but it is definitely more classic than other names of its day. So I think it would work very well. It instantly calls to mind [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] because those books were dear to me as a child, so it definitely gives me homespun, American vibes – very charming, imo.

Laura [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is probably my favorite of your list – it feels so sweet and down-to-earth! But [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] also flow very well and have a sweet vibe. And, of course, you can never go wrong with classic [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] is a pretty & classic name, but I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] might also work as alternative L names :slight_smile:

1 Like

Laura is lovely! It’s soft, strong, and pretty, and even though it peaked a few decades ago I’d say it feels more classic to me than dated. From your list I love [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

1 Like

Laura doesn’t seem too dated to me. I have a friend called [name_f]Laura[/name_f], she’s 15 so that’s the age I can usually picture it on.

1 Like

I don’t like it but don’t dislike it either. Most Lauras I know actually go by Lau which is not the nicest of nicknames so I guess that kind of affects my perception of it.

I don’t think it’s dated either. I just consider it a very safe bet which is not my style at all.

1 Like

Laura feels somewhat dated yet timeless to me at the same time. can’t really work out why. it doesn’t feel dated to a specific generation, just seems like a name that hasn’t really been used in 20+ years… and yet, it’s simple and classic, and I could totally see it for a baby in 2020 (and would love to).

1 Like

I like it! I don’t think it is dated and although I know two in their 30s, I can still picture [name_f]Laura[/name_f] on a little girl today as well.

From your list I think [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is really sweet.

All the best

1 Like

I love the name. It is a very personal name for me. A very good friend of mine passed away at a very young age, who had this name. [name_f]My[/name_f] son would have had [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] as a middle if he was a girl.

I really like [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] from your list.

1 Like