Laurel??

I’m normally a fan of lacey Victorian-esque classic names like [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Violet[/name], etc, but I recently ran accross [name]Laurel[/name] and I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts. I was thinking [name]Laurel[/name] nicknamed [name]Ellie[/name] (I’m a big fan of nicknames!)

So what do you think?

I like [name]Laurel[/name] very much, as it sounds far less dated than [name]Lauren[/name], but the NN [name]Ellie[/name] seems too much of a stretch. [name]Laurie[/name] would be the most obvious choice, I think.

Laurel is absolutely perfect, a great choice. Congratulations.

rollo

nn’s Lori, L = Elle much smarter than Ellie, maybe at a stretch Rue

I love [name]Laurel[/name]! I know a little [name]Laurel[/name] and she goes by [name]Lala[/name] which I think is adorable for her age! [name]Ellie[/name] seems like a bit of a stretch to me but I can see how it works.

This is one of my middle names! I was named for my great-aunt, who’s super fun and energetic so that’s the image I get.

My grandfather says it like Lauril in one syllable, rather than Lor-elle like I do.

I like the nn [name]Elle[/name] more than [name]Ellie[/name].

[name]Laurel[/name] is lovely. Any nickname that doesn’t start with an L seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Maybe- Laur / [name]Lore[/name], [name]Lorie[/name], [name]Lala[/name], even [name]Lola[/name]?

I love [name]Laurel[/name], such a pretty, timeless name :slight_smile:

I like [name]Laurel[/name] too, agree with pp that [name]Elle[/name] is a better fit for nickname

[name]Laurel[/name] is so beautiful! I’d go with [name]Elle[/name], or any NN starting with L.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Laurel[/name]. It’s a beautiful name.

I say it like grandfather and it never ever occurred to me that some might pronounce it like Dorelle.

rollo

I would say it like Lauril too. I don’t care for [name]Laurel[/name] that much - I know an older lady with this name but I prefer [name]Lauren[/name] for example.