Lauren?

What do you think of [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] for a girl? I know it’s technically dated, but I find myself liking the sound and the way it looks. What does everyone else think?

I think it’s okay. It’s a nice, tailored name. I do find it dated though, like you mentioned.

It’s a little dated but definitely a nice name!

I find [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] to be a classical kind of name even though it was popular in fairly modern times. I love movies so I always associate it to [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Bacall. I like it (for both girls and boys).

I like it. It’s a solid choice.

I love the name [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] - it was one of my first ever name loves! It’s so sweet, and I love the old Hollywood vibe thanks to [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Bacall! Beautiful choice!

I definitely do NOT think [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is dated…tell that to the MANY tween/teen girls and young adults named [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]! “[name_f]Lore[/name_f]-in” is the only pronunciation. “LAR-in” is just shivers. Also, I know that [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] CAN be used for a boy, but isn’t it usually spelled [name_u]Loren[/name_u] then? I’ve literally never heard of a male [name_f]Lauren[/name_f].

Lauren is such a pretty name. Go with it!

Pros:

• it’s classic but not “old lady”
  • it has a nice balance of vowels and consonants
  • it sounds good with a lot of sibling names
  • it means “laurel” or “victory”
  • slightly more interesting than [name_f]Laura[/name_f] (-in sound rather than the basic -a ending)
  • beautiful “lore” sound
    Cons:
  • pretty common
  • for some reason people think it’s dated?? (I disagree but ok)
  • will constantly get mispronounced (no matter how you pronounce it)

I like [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. I know it was popular in the late 80’s and 90’s in the US, but I don’t think it is one of the names that is “stuck” in that time period. For example, I don’t think the world is ready for [name_f]Linda[/name_f] to come back in style yet. There is nothing wrong with the name [name_f]Linda[/name_f]. It’s my Mom’s name who I love dearly, but I think it is still firmly stuck in the time period where it was at the height of its popularity. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] isn’t that way. I think a baby [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] would actually be refreshing.

Lauren is the name of my best friend so it’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for that. But I think she would agree with me when I say that there are too many [name_m]Laurens[/name_m] in the world already.

Lauren is my very best friend’s name, so I obviously have very positive associations with it and like it for that reason.Sometimes I think [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] sounds a little dated, but I also know [name_m]Laurens[/name_m] who are 31, 22, and 10ish and it fits all three just fine, so clearly the name is still being used and can easily fit a wide range of ages. On the flip side of that, it’s still a decently popular name, so there are still a lot of [name_m]Laurens[/name_m] around.

I’m biased in that it’s my middle name, but I really like it! I haven’t met many [name_m]Laurens[/name_m], only one that I can remember in my 29 years. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandpa is [name_u]Loren[/name_u], and again the only one. Another poster mentioned [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] getting mispronounced a lot but I haven’t ever heard anyone say anything other than lore-en. I vote yes to [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]!

You’re lucky! Where I live people mispronounce it “LAR-in” a lot so I have to correct them, or they just straight up ask which pronunciation (which I actually like, they’re being conscious of other people’s preferences). People get it right the first time maybe 70% of the time though, so it’s okay.

I like the name [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. I think it ages well

Lauren has a nice soft but versatile feel

It feels dated to me - objectively not a bad name, but I don’t find it fresh and it doesn’t feel like a classic to me. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] does, though, if you’re open to suggestions!

I really like the sound, but I prefer [name_f]Laura[/name_f] overall. Still, I think it’s a lovely choice!

I was born in '98 and can probably 3 [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]’s that were in the same or similar grade level. Dated but common enough that it’s not outdated. And she can always go by [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] or [name_u]Wren[/name_u] to sound more modern.

I don’t really know how I feel about [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. Sound wise I think I would like it if it wasn’t so popular in the early 2000s because popularity tends to ruin names for me. I love other names that begin with the Laur sound like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f].

Objectively, it’s a nice name - feminine, sleek, versatile. It does feel very 80s/90s to me, though. I went to school with oodles of [name_m]Laurens[/name_m].