Lee as alternative to Leo?

Sigh… Although I’ve been dead set on [name]Leo[/name] for several years, it’s really becoming too popular for my taste. I have a HORRIBLE time finding boy names I like, so this popularity boom is kind of devastating. Some might say, “Use it anyway!” But seriously, I have a big problem with names that are too popular. Popularity is a deal breaker for me, and that’s just the way it is.

I am now considering [name]Lee[/name] as an alternative. I’ve always liked [name]Lee[/name], and I never hear it used as a fn. I think it could possibly be one of those names like [name]Anne[/name] that is painfully overused as a mn, but might actually be fun and fresh for a fn. What do you think?

Also, here are a few other names that I don’t hate. (I know, I know, I hate being that person! But I can’t help it!) I’d love to hear your feedback on the following:

[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Guy[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]

DH Likes “[name]Fox[/name],” but I seriously don’t think our kid could pull that one off! LOL.

I don’t think [name]Lee[/name] is as sophisticated or cute as [name]Leo[/name]. Maybe it sounds too southern to me (I’m from [name]Texas[/name] originally). I don’t think of [name]Leo[/name] as THAT popular, and it’s a GREAT name. I think it still sounds fresher than some of your other name ideas (to me). Of your other names, my favorite is definitely [name]Calvin[/name]. It’s one we’ve considered, too, and it is really underused! The only things to consider are that some people associate it strongly with [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Hobbes[/name] or Calivinism.

I like [name]Lee[/name] as a first name for a boy. It is very unexpected, and soft and masculine at the same time. I’ve had it on and off my list a number of times. I also like [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Dean[/name], and [name]Fox[/name]. [name]Lee[/name] [name]Fox[/name] would be kinda cool :wink:

I like [name]Leon[/name], but [name]Lee[/name] has bad associations for me thanks to a childhood bully (male, and pretty tough too!)

I like [name]Lev[/name], which also means “lion” but [name]Lev[/name] is unusual enough to maybe be difficult. It’s a short e, not as in [name]Lee[/name].

[name]Dean[/name] and [name]Hugh[/name] are great. I like [name]Fox[/name] a lot but its a bit of a family name for me so I would risk the eyebrows people might raise.

[name]Leo[/name] reminds me of [name]Levi[/name], which I love, but I suspect if [name]Leo[/name] is too popular, [name]Levi[/name] is too?