Leia or Layla

Please help !!

We can’t seem to choose between [name_f]Leia[/name_f] or [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

[name_f]Leia[/name_f] ( [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-uh) is my grandmother’s middle name and we just fell in love with the name [name_f]Layla/name_f on holiday in [name_u]Morocco[/name_u]. We love both names but can’t choose.

I’m partial to [name_f]Leia[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Layla[/name_f] sounds similar, but trendy. [name_f]Leia[/name_f] will have almost the same feel, but be much more classic, and have that connection with your grandmother.

1 Like

I think both are nice, though I do prefer [name_f]Leia[/name_f] as it’s a little quirkier, and I do love that it’s a family name for you.

Perhaps you might like [name_f]Leila[/name_f] as somewhat of a blend of the two?

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] from pp is a great compromise -a nod to your grandmother and it gets in Laylas sound!

[name_f]Leia[/name_f] is my favourite though:)

I prefer [name_f]Leia[/name_f]. The spelling is very appealing and [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is too common for me.

Definitely [name_f]Leia[/name_f]! I like what it means to you and it stands out more than [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

[name_f]Leia[/name_f] is my favorite.

I do like the mention of [name_f]Leila[/name_f]! It looks and sounds beautiful.

I like [name_f]Leila[/name_f] better than either. It seems more English to me. Like [name_u]Neil[/name_u] or [name_f]Sheila[/name_f]. With [name_f]Layla[/name_f] it feels like I’m making more effort to pronounce it than I should.

I prefer [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. Not a big fan of [name_f]Leia[/name_f].

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] is what my mind immediately came to as well! But out of just the two ([name_f]Leia[/name_f] or [name_f]Layla[/name_f]), I prefer [name_f]Leia[/name_f].

I looove [name_f]Leia[/name_f], so beautiful and has a great character associated with it!

Well I prefer [name_f]Leia[/name_f] and actually have it on my girls list… but I’m also a star wars nerd so I am super biased. :joy:
Both are very pretty!