-leigh girl names

I need a -leigh name for a girl! Please help me out! Thanks in advance :smiling_face:

Please no suggestions like [name_f]Kayleigh[/name_f] or [name_f]Bayleigh[/name_f], I’m looking for something a little different that hasn’t been over-used or has ten different ways to spell it (so sorry if that’s your name btw no hate at all just not what I’m looking for :sob:)

I really like [name_f]Skyleigh[/name_f]

1 Like

“Leigh” names will almost always have the potential “Is it Leigh, Lee, Ley, -ly, or -lie?” question, so I’ve included a mix of names with that ending/sound. With the actual “-leigh” spellings, these are the ones that seem most like they could naturally/elegantly be spelled that way to me (though of course, they could also be spelled another way) :

Everleigh
Ashleigh
Rosaleigh
Waverley
Emberly
Hartley
Hadley
Henley
Ainsley
Kinsley
Tinsley
Brinley
Riley

You could also change the non-Leigh versions to a -leigh spelling, but I think you’d probably get questions about the spelling either way.

Or, if you’re open to double-barrelled names:

Amy-Leigh
Elsie-Leigh
Sophie-Leigh
Rosie-Leigh
Cora-Leigh
Ada-Leigh

Etc

And Skyleigh’s a cute suggestion! Another wildcard: Summerleigh!

2 Likes

[name_f]Featherleigh[/name_f]
Camberleigh
Fernleigh
Pearleigh
[name_f]Lakeleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Adaleigh[/name_f]

1 Like

I think the nature of girl names ending with -leigh is that most of them do have various ways to spell them to get to the “lee” sound at the end (-lee, -lie, -ly, -ley, etc.) and unless you’re okay with going super unique, most of them are somewhat common! With that being said, what about:

[name_f]Carleigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Haleigh[/name_m]
[name_f]Hadleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Finleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Annaleigh[/name_f]

Is [name_m]Leigh[/name_m] an honor name? What about using [name_m]Leigh[/name_m] as a middle name? I think it’s one that can flow nicely with a wide variety of different firsts!

1 Like

I just know so many people named [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f], [name_f]Kayley[/name_f], [name_f]Kayleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], [name_m]Haleigh[/name_m], [name_f]Bailey[/name_f], etc. so it can’t be one of those names :sweat_smile:

I do love names with the -leigh ending, I just want something more unique. A hyphenated name might be cute depending on the name. I love [name_m]Leigh[/name_m] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] but again, I know so many [name_m]Leigh[/name_m] Anne’s.

[name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_m]Brinleigh[/name_m] or Summerleigh are so cute! I love [name_f]Oakleigh[/name_f] but is it weird if I know people who’ve named their son or daughter [name_m]Oakley[/name_m] or [name_f]Oakleigh[/name_f]? Is it weird if one of them is a family friend I haven’t talked to in years? :sweat_smile:

Cute! I wish I could use it but I have a few friends and family members with [name_m]Sky[/name_m] in their name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Definitely looking for unique -leigh names specifically the -leigh ending or names that I could change the ending to -leigh. I just don’t like [name_f]Kaleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Bailey[/name_f], [name_f]Hayley[/name_f], etc. because of how common those names are.

[name_f]Finleigh[/name_f] and [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] are cute!

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to Nameberry! :sunflower:
A few that I have not seen mentioned yet:

[name_f]Hazeleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Caraleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Mayleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Lynleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Marleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Novaleigh[/name_f]

2 Likes

Thank you! I like [name_f]Novaleigh[/name_f]!

1 Like

here are some I’ve thought of
[name_f]Molleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Joleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmaleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Rayleigh[/name_f]

Marileigh (kind of like merrily)
[name_f]Finleigh[/name_f]
Idaleigh
Ettaleigh

1 Like