Leila dilemma

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all-
How would you pronounce [name_f]Leila[/name_f] at first glance? I’m afraid that people might say lee-lah or lie-lah, when I’m going for Lay-la.
The [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling is alright, but maybe trendy…do you think the Spanish version of [name_f]Leila[/name_f] will be pronounced right?
Other spelling suggestions?

I would definitely assume [name_f]Leila[/name_f] was pronounced lay-la!

[name_f]Leyla[/name_f] is another spelling option.

1 Like

I would assume it’s lay-la, I would actually be surprised if it was pronounced another way! And of all the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] etc spellings, [name_f]Leila[/name_f] is definitely my favorite!

id pronounce it layla, for sure :honeybee:

When I say this I thought you meant [name_f]Leila[/name_f] Dilemma as a combo and I wasn’t even questioning it :rofl: I’ve spent too much time on nb

But yea, I think it’s [name_f]Layla[/name_f] pronounciaton!!

1 Like

I’ve mostly seen [name_f]Leila[/name_f] pronounced Lay-luh, so that would be my gut pronunciation, but I know lie-luh is a legitimate pn in Arabic, so you might get that depending on where you are.

Ultimately, I’d stick with [name_f]Leila[/name_f] if you don’t like [name_f]Layla[/name_f]

A girl I know from school has a daughter named [name_f]Leila[/name_f], and for years I wasn’t sure how it was pronounced. I assumed it was lee-luh or even lee-eye-luh (went to elementary with a girl whose name was pronounced like this). I think [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is more intuitive, but I preper the look of [name_f]Leila[/name_f].

[name_f]Layla[/name_f].

:slight_smile:

I pronounce it [name_f]Layla[/name_f] !

[name_f]My[/name_f] first instinct was ly-luh. If you want lay-luh then I’d maybe consider [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] if you don’t want [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see [name_f]Leila[/name_f] pronounced lay-luh so it’s not a big deal if that is the spelling you choose to go with. But just be aware that not everyone will default to lay-luh, so if that will bother you then I wouldn’t choose that spelling.

I’ve only ever heard [name_f]Leila[/name_f] pronounced LAY-luh, so I don’t think it would cause too much confusion! There’s also [name_f]Laila[/name_f] (but I’ve heard this spelling said like LY-luh) or [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] (which I think would work well, but no better than Leila).

1 Like

I would assume Lay-la, but I know others look at that and think it’s Ly-la or Lee-la.

I would say lay-la but if I was less familiar with this name I might’ve said ly-la. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite spelling of this name is [name_f]Laila[/name_f].

I read [name_f]Leila[/name_f] as LAY-luh. I also prefer this spelling to [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. :relaxed:

I said it like [name_f]Layla[/name_f] on first glance!

I would pronunce it lay-la now but I thought it was lee-la for years when I was younger

I’ve always said “layla” for [name_f]Leila[/name_f].

I would definitely say Lay-la. What about [name_f]Laila[/name_f]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Leyla[/name_f]?

Lay-la!

I pronounce it Lay-la :two_hearts: [name_u]Super[/name_u] cute!