Lennox?

Hey guys,

[name_u]Lennox[/name_u] has become a top contender for our boy list (gender unknown so far).
It isn’t a name I had considered before which is strange because I feel like I’ve considered every name.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] interested to hear any feedback, like it? [name_u]Love[/name_u] it? Hate it? Nicknames? Any bad associations? Any character associations?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I like it, though I prefer [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] since it feels less trendy to me. Nevertheless, I think it’s a nice name, I don’t have any associations and I like the nickname [name_m]Len[/name_m] though [name_m]Lenny[/name_m], Nox and Lox could work too. From your boy list it’s my third favorite after [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] and [name_m]Alec[/name_m]

I hadn’t thought of Lox! I like it.

Is [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] trendy?
I haven’t heard it been used.

Oh no, it isn’t /actually/ trendy because of its popularity. I meant to say that it feels trendy to me because people seem to be liking names with x in them right now! It’s still a name with history that I do like and think would stand out, sorry for any misunderstandings

I like [name_u]Lennox[/name_u], it’s uncommon, it’s literary, and the Nox nickname is similar to [name_m]Knox[/name_m], which is growing in popularity. Good pick!

It always reminds me of [name_m]Lenox[/name_m] [name_m]Hill[/name_m] Hospital in NYC

I love it. I’m clearly biased as I called my son [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] but after living with it for 2 years I can give you some pros and cons.

People will mispronounce it. If they haven’t heard someone say it before (about 50% of the people we encounter) they will read it as [name_m]LEN[/name_m]-ox. But a quick “it’s [name_m]LEN[/name_m]-uhx” always sorts it out and lets face it this is the case for most names these days! My mother in law still struggles and calls him [name_m]LEN[/name_m]-ox and a few people do it deliberately to bait me but I just ignore them. At least it’s a name that everyone feels comfortable trying, it’s very easy to read (even if they get it slightly wrong).

We get lots of good feedback. Everyone loves/uses the [name_m]Lenny[/name_m] NN. I call him [name_m]Lenny[/name_m] and [name_m]Len[/name_m]. Both are good NN that suit both a toddler and an adult, and both professional and creative types. I don’t use the [name_m]Knox[/name_m] NN as the sound isn’t in the name as I pronounce it but it’s a cool NN and on trend at the moment so a good option as well.

I really like that it has a solid history, is a character in Macbeth (and not an evil/selfish one, quite a feat!) and a Scottish clan but isn’t very popular. We haven’t come across another in our 2 years and it doesn’t seem to be moving up the charts.

We’re really happy with it!

Anyway, hope that helps.

1 Like

So good to hear your feedback Snorkmaiden!
Made me feel quite excited about using it. I imagine I will use [name_m]Lenny[/name_m] as well.
I really like that there are a variety of good nicknames that can be used.
In [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand I don’t think that pronounciation is going to be an issue. Our accent pronounces everything with a “uh” haha

Ha!

I’m across the pond in Aus. You’re right, the Kiwi accent works perfectly to discourage mispronunciation. Go for it. It’s a cool name, one of those rare names that is familiar enough not to be trendy/weird but not common enought to meet another one on the playground.