Lenora?

I love the name [name]Nora[/name], but I’m not sure I can cope with its popularity, which went [name]WAY[/name] up, from 2000 until now. The nicknames would be [name]Lena[/name] and/or [name]Nora[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any other good [name]Nora[/name] alternatives?

We’d like only one middle name. Last name [name]Jackson[/name].

My great-aunt was [name]Lenora[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. As far as I know she never had a nickname though.

[name]Lenora[/name] is a lovely name.

Have you considered [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Eleanora[/name]?

My Elenaor goes by nn [name]Ellie[/name], though we considered [name]Nora[/name] for a long time. A popular nn was not such as concern for us as a popular proper name. In fact, she chooses to go by [name]Eleanor[/name] at school—she loves being the only one—and in her words, “saves [name]Ellie[/name] for home as her special name.”

Go with what you like most!

I love [name]Lenora[/name]. It’s really beautiful.
I also love [name]Leonor/name and [name]Leonora[/name].

I am not a huge fan of [name]Lenora[/name].

What about just [name]Nora[/name]/ah ? so pretty and not super common…

I also love [name]Honora[/name]/ah…[name]Honorah[/name] is our first choice for a girl.

I much prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Eleanora[/name] to [name]Lenora[/name]…

I just posted about my love of the name [name]Norah[/name]. I didn’t realize it was super popular though. I too am not about really popular names. I used to love the name [name]Addison[/name] but we dropped that name because i didn’t want a daughter with a name that also had 1-3 other girls in her class named that. We had a boy though and named him [name]Tristan[/name].

I am honestly not to fond of the name [name]Lenora[/name] but I do love [name]Norah[/name]/[name]Nora[/name]

It’s not a name I really care for simply because I associate [name]Lenora[/name] with [name]Lenore[/name] the dead girl in the [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allen[/name] [name]Poe[/name] poem by the same name, but that’s just me it seems many people like it.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lenora[/name] and [name]Eleanora[/name] would be up there for me too.
Great nn. [name]Nora[/name] and I really love [name]Lena[/name] as a nn and [name]Elli[/name]/[name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name] if it were [name]Eleanora[/name] BUT if thinking about popularity I’d stick with [name]Lenora[/name] and use [name]Lena[/name] :slight_smile:

As for middle names I think 1 syllable names would go great, for example:
(in order of personal preferrence)

[name]Rae[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]

To be honest, this spelling is too much like the popular detergent “[name]Lenor[/name]” for me. I don’t really like the [name]Len[/name] sound much but I do like [name]Leonora[/name] and [name]Leonor[/name]. I somehow find that they sound a bit softer.

I would also recommend [name]Eleanor[/name] (which is prn ‘[name]EL[/name]-en-uh’ where I live – not sure where you live so don’t know how it sounds to you) but then I’m completely biased there :wink:

Either way I prefer [name]Lenora[/name] over just [name]Nora[/name] on its own.

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Lenora[/name] (nn [name]Nora[/name]), but love [name]Elea[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Leonora[/name] even more. (I also love [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Eleanora[/name]…) Another possible [name]Nora[/name] source that may appeal to you is [name]Annora[/name].

Good luck ! :slight_smile:

I was unaware that there is a detergent called [name]Lenor[/name], which probably means that others in my community won’t know it either. But thank you for bringing it to my attention. One can never be too careful when picking out names!

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions everyone. I do love these, particularly:

[name]Leonora[/name] - my mother’s mn is [name]Leone[/name], after her grandmother [name]Leona[/name], so this has significance to me
[name]Eleanora[/name] - a beautiful update of the classical [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Annora[/name] - my mn is [name]Ann[/name], so I do like this as well

With these three names ([name]Leonora[/name], [name]Eleanora[/name], [name]Annora[/name]) in mind, can you help me with middle names? [name]Justys[/name] mentioned some shorter names, which were good, but I didn’t love love love any of them.

of the three you have narrowed down…my pick is [name]Annora[/name]…