Lenora

I am crushing on [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] as a FN.
I lovenicknames [name_f]Leni[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] I think they can suit different personalities.

I’ve only ever read the name however, I’ve never met a [name_f]Lenora[/name_f].
[name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]?
if you do know one how did they pronounce it?
What nickname do they use?

I would pronounce it “Leh-noh-rah”

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is the more intuative nickname, but [name_f]Leni[/name_f] definitely works.

Leh-[name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Leni[/name_f] is such a spunky nickname. I actually have a character called [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f], who goes by [name_f]Leni[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I would pronounce it Leh-[name_f]NOR[/name_f]-uh. I’ve never met anybody named [name_f]Lenora[/name_f].

I know two [name_f]Leonore[/name_f]’s, but no [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]’s. They both pronounce their name as leh-nor. I pronounce [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] the same, but with an ah sound at the end. One of the [name_f]Leonore[/name_f]’s that I know goes by [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I love the nickname [name_f]Nora[/name_f]!

I don’t know any Lenoras but I had a great aunt [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]. I pronounce it Leh-[name_f]NOR[/name_f]-uh too. [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] was pronounced Leh-[name_f]NOR[/name_f]. She didn’t have a nickname. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is the best nickname I think but [name_f]Leni[/name_f] is kinda cute too. I knew a girl named [name_f]Noor[/name_f] which could work as a nn for [name_f]Lenora[/name_f].

I would say [name_m]Le[/name_m]-nor-uh as opposed to [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-nor-uh.

I think it’s a beautiful name! A hint of [name_u]Poe[/name_u] with some cute nicknames.

I love [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]. I pronounce it la-nor-ah. I love both your nickname options. [name_f]Lea[/name_f] is another nickname you could use, but I don’t love it as much. I wouldn’t predetermined a nickname. I’d be happy knowing there are great options and see what comes naturally. That’s the most fun part of naming real kids, seeing how the name becomes their own.

I know a [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] (pronounced [name_m]Le[/name_m]-[name_f]Nor[/name_f]-[name_m]Ah[/name_m]) and lots of people comment on it being an unusual and pretty name.

When younger she was called [name_f]Leni[/name_f] but goes by her full name mostly now (early 40s).

Great feedback!
I love that there is no bad nicknames.
Crispy- good to hear about a real life [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] and she used [name_f]Leni[/name_f] :slight_smile: