Less than 3 weeks left and can't decide!!!

See the results of this poll: Which is your favorite?

Respondents: 61 (This poll is closed)

• Sylvie Kathleen : 6 (10%)
  • Sylvie Jane : 16 (26%)
  • Matilda Jane : 29 (48%)
  • Corinne Mae: 10 (16%)

I chose [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as I think it just sounds so good together, as would [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a close second.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is not my style of name so I can’t provide a whole lot of insight on the name. I’m pretty neutral about it, but prefer it over [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]! I do think it would make a sweet little girls name but also very lovely on an adult. Some might think it’s a nickname, but I think it sounds somewhat less nicknamey than some of the names floating around.

I really like the name [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and adore [name_f]Mae[/name_f], however this combo falls flat for me, as do your other mn options. I feel like it could use something lighter, less sturdy to help balance out the strong finish [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] has on it. Actually, now that I’m thinking about it [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is kind of a tricky one to pair with a mn.

I love love love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]!! [name_f]Silvia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is on my list because it is so underrated and underused and is so beautiful. I feel the same way about [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], but it’s a little too nicknamey for me – I’m a long, formal name girl, but it sounds like your style is more toward shorter names, so this seems perfect. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] wins over the other three by a longshot. It’s gorgeous. I would absolutely swoon if I met a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Perfect. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input! I’ve always really liked [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] too, but I’m not sure my husband likes it all that much. It’s definitely lower on the list for him. Plus we don’t really like the nn [name_u]Cory[/name_u]/[name_f]Cori[/name_f] - not that you necessarily need a nn. We were set on [name_f]Mae[/name_f] for a while too. It’s hard to find a mn for [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. We’ve gone back and forth with so many names. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] has lasted the longest!

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (cuz Valentines day ya know???), [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is a super cute name; I have a soft spot for it. And it goes fairly well with [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a really classic name. [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are very classic names that sound really good with [name_m]Jack[/name_m], too. (TBH I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is seriously adorable.)

I absolutely [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] - both stunning, you won’t go wrong with either (they’re both on my list)!

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] gives you the lovely nickname [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], but it more popular than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] (if that is a concern for you) - in Australia at least it is in the top 10, whereas [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is much less common.

But again, they’re both gorgeous - good luck!

Wow! I love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Such a nice combo, I might even add it to my long list. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] would be my next choice. I dislike [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is nice, but not with [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is perfect! I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], but also love the other [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] options as well.

I voted [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] but I also love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are both perfect, but I also love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], so I voted for her as the less expected combo.

[name_f]Corinna[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would have gotten my vote immediately. [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is beautiful, but feels like it’s lacking a syllable. Maybe [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] Maylee or [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] Mayelle or something feels better.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is lovely.

I’m not a bit fan of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. I don’t hate it, but I just visualize all the 50 year old [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]'s I know – it’s right up there with [name_f]Debbie[/name_f] and [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] to me.
But I prefer [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f].