Less than a week to go and still don't have a name!

Help! I’m starting to feel very stressed about not having a name. I’m 39 weeks 1 day and we still don’t have a boy name. We don’t know the gender of the baby, but already have a girl name picked out - at least for now. If the baby is a girl she will be [name]Margo[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. We already have one daughter named [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. Boy names are so tough. We don’t want something super common, but I also don’t want something so out there that poor guy will be picked on. Our current contenders are [name]Calder[/name], [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name]. My husband really likes [name]Dashiell[/name], but I’m not sure. I do like [name]Dash[/name], but just no sure about the whole [name]Dashiell[/name] thing. Any suggestions? Any names from the three we have that you like the best? Names that go the best with [name]Ivy[/name]? Our last name starts with an S, so names that end in “s” or “x” are sometimes kind of tough. Thanks for the help!

First of all, congratulations on the newest member soon to be joining your family! I knew a boy named [name]Calder[/name], sweet guy. [name]Calder[/name] is my favorite from the ones you suggested. What do you think about these?:

[name]Benson[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]

Not sure if you will like any of these, but I made a list of names and found out I am having a girl. Some of these are more popular than others.

• [name]August[/name]
  • [name]Eliam[/name]
  • Elliel (named after a famous designer Elliel Saarinen)
  • [name]Everett[/name]
  • [name]Lyle[/name]
  • [name]Oliver[/name]
  • [name]Sasha[/name]
  • [name]Julian[/name]
  • [name]Jude[/name]

I think [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is lovely! I personally am a HUGE [name]Dashiell[/name] fan. I think it’s really handsome, and I love the [name]Dash[/name] nickname. :slight_smile: I think [name]Margo[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is gorgeous with [name]Ivy[/name]!

[name]Ivy[/name] and…

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierson[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Dashiell[/name] is one of my favorites! I also love [name]Archer[/name] with the cute nickname [name]Archie[/name].

[name]Love[/name] your daughter’s name - [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]! And [name]Margo[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is adorable!
[name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] are two of my faves. I even love [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name]. Call me crazy.

[name]Maisie[/name] could be a nn for [name]Margo[/name]. I think [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name] are so cute together.

[name]Dashiell[/name]: I love the nn [name]Dash[/name], but I have a hard time pronouncing this name with grace. I think this name goes best with [name]Ivy[/name], though.

[name]Archer[/name]: I really like this name, but would stay away from the nn [name]Archie[/name].

[name]Calder[/name]: I didn’t even know this was a name! It sounds very formal and stiff to me, but that may just be because I’ve never heard it before.

I love [name]Calder[/name]! But that may be due to the fact that I like [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Calder[/name], and live in a town blessed with several of his sculptures… I’ve never heard it as a first name before, I think it’s very refreshing!

I like [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Archer[/name]. [name]Archie[/name] is awesome! On the downside, [name]Dashiell[/name] is kind of odd for me to pronounce, and [name]Archer[/name] is a last-name, which I usually don’t go for. But those are minor drawbacks. [name]Both[/name] are really good.

I must say, I love love love your girls’ name choices. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Margo[/name]? [name]Both[/name] are definitely in my favorites. You are a pro. :wink:

Thank you all for replying! Still no baby or name for that matter :wink: I think the problem is that when we named [name]Ivy[/name] we just instantly fell in love with her name. We haven’t really found a boy name that has clicked like that. I used to love [name]Weston[/name] with the nickname [name]West[/name], but then my friend named her son [name]Weston[/name], it also seems to be getting a bit more popular. [name]Simon[/name] was on the list, but with the “S” last name we felt like there was too much alliteration. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Calvin[/name], but my husband’s office lets people bring their dogs to work and the co-worker who sits right next to him brings in [name]Calvin[/name] the dog ALL the time. I don’t want people thinking we named our son after a dog. I’m holding out hope that if the baby is a boy that we’ll look at him and one of the three names still on the list will just fit him. [name]Feel[/name] free to keep the names coming if you think of any more :slight_smile:

Bc, I like your style!

For some reason [name]Calder[/name] reminds me of “scald” so of yours that’s my least favorite. I also love [name]Weston[/name] and names like it. Okay so let’s get to work!

I think [name]Jill[/name] gave you some great suggestions.

Of hers I like:

[name]Ivy[/name] and…

[name]Augustin[/name]. (Maybe just [name]August[/name]… And he will be born in [name]August[/name]!)

[name]Beckett[/name] nn [name]Beck[/name], Cute!
[name]Calvin[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Cal[/name] is sooo sweet

[name]Callum[/name] ditto

[name]Declan[/name]. Very handsome

[name]Kellan[/name]. [name]Love[/name] this. Kell and [name]Ivy[/name] is very smart!

[name]Pierson[/name] nn [name]Piers[/name] is GREAT
[name]Roman[/name]. [name]Love[/name] this!
[name]Sebastian[/name]. Always a fave of mine!

Others I love that you may as well:

[name]Everett[/name] nn Rett/[name]Rhett[/name]
Macaran nn [name]Mac[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Lochlan[/name] nn [name]Loch[/name] ("[name]Lock[/name]")
Sorren
[name]Grayson[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]

Best of luck! Let us know if you’ve narrowed it down to any!

Still no baby! So now I’m grumpy and annoyed, which makes it more frustrating that we can’t narrow the name situation down. Now I’m hoping for a girl just since we have a name picked out :slight_smile:

I love [name]Beckett[/name] - but it’s the name of our dog :wink:
[name]Calvin[/name] - is the name of hubby’s co-workers dog (and she brings it to work [name]EVERY[/name] day)
[name]Augustin[/name] - is okay, Hubby’s Great G-pa was actually name this. [name]Just[/name] don’t [name]LOVE[/name] it.
[name]Kellan[/name] - I actually have a really good girl friend named this, so I might feel weird naming a little boy [name]Kellan[/name]. Although I [name]LOVE[/name] the nickname Kell…
[name]Cormac[/name] - I like it, but hubby isn’t a huge fan
[name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grayson[/name] - is actually still on the list. [name]Just[/name] worried that it’s becoming too popular :frowning:

The other ones I’m either not a huge fan of them, or someone in my family already used the name :slight_smile: Thanks so much for replying everyone!!! [name]Feel[/name] free to keep the names coming. It appears I might never pop this kid out, so I guess I still have time!

[name]Baby[/name] is STILL not here. Now 2 days overdue! Very frustrating! I think we’ve decided on [name]Calder[/name] as our boy name. Of course it’s subject to change :wink: Hubby wants [name]Calder[/name] [name]Finn[/name]. I like both of these names, but not sure it flows well? Opinions? Last name is 3 syllables and starts with an “S”. Thanks for all of your help so far. Boy names are so tough for me!!

OOH, there’s exciting! I am a 55 year old mother of six teenagers, writing to you from [name]Wales[/name]. All my babies were about two weeks late, so don’t panic! I love the names [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Margo[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and think they go so very well together too, while still being very individual and distinct.

Boys - [name]Dashiell[/name] is lovely, but I am never sure how to pronounce it - is it [name]DASH[/name]-eel or [name]Dash[/name]-EEL?
[name]Finn[/name] is great, and I love [name]Calum[/name] (one of my sons has [name]Calum[/name] in his name). [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Duncan[/name]?
PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT THE NEW [name]BABY[/name] AND THE NAME!

[name]Ailsa[/name]
x

Hey congrats on the name! I think [name]Calder[/name] [name]Finn[/name] is very handsome, I would only be careful depending on how your last name ends. If it has an en/in ending [name]Finn[/name] may rhyme with it too much.

For example if your last name were [name]Sullivan[/name]:

[name]Calder[/name] [name]Finn[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name], I kinda like that though

Anyways can’t wait to hear! You’ve been pregnant a very long time! [name]Hope[/name] you have access to AC, its been awfully humid here lately! Good [name]Luck[/name]!

last name ends in an “A” so we are okay there :slight_smile: Thankfully I [name]DO[/name] have AC or I would be even more miserable :slight_smile: