Let Us Name Your Baby: Cross-cultural Names With Anime References

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries!

In our second installment of Let Us Name Your Baby, we hear from [name_f]Tamara[/name_f], a mom looking for a Serbian-American cross-cultural name that feels just as meaningful as her daughter’s, [name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f]. Both parents are massive fans of the anime series One Piece, so a connection to the show might seal the deal!

[name_m]Read[/name_m] the advice from @Kipperbo1 and me, and share your thoughts here

1 Like

I’m loving both of your ideas! [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_f]Anika[/name_f], [name_m]Marko[/name_m] ‘Mars’ , [name_m]Aksel[/name_m], [name_m]Apolo[/name_m], [name_f]Zora[/name_f], and [name_f]Kaja[/name_f] are brilliant.

I like [name_f]Nika[/name_f] for them too :slight_smile:

A couple more ideas:

[name_f]Antonija[/name_f] / [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zorica[/name_f]
Taisia / Tasija
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Sanja[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirna[/name_f]

[name_m]Zoran[/name_m]
Anto
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Silvan[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_m]Bojan[/name_m] - it means battle and the crew is always in battle, so potential one piece theme

You could also use

[name_f]Maria[/name_f] or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] after the going [name_f]Merry[/name_f]

2 Likes

Zora/Zoro would work well

[name_f]Talia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is adorable! And tbh there are much stronger associations with [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] than [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] [name_m]Hoover[/name_m] so I think it’s perfectly usable too:)
I second Anika/Danika for a girl, or [name_f]Marina[/name_f] if they can’t get behind the meaning of [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Talia[/name_f] and [name_f]Kaja[/name_f] (totally not biased :heart_eyes:)
For a boy, [name_m]Apolo[/name_m] would be so cool! [name_m]Marko[/name_m] ‘Mars’ would also be super fun :milky_way: