šŸ§¦ Let's talk about Hazel!

Hello, friends! :white_heart:

As many of you are too, Iā€™m a huge lover of [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] for a little boy, and itā€™s recently been one thatā€™s been on my mind even more often than before. I love the sound of it, the cozy feeling, the nature connection, and the symbolism of knowledge. Itā€™s so warm and autumnal for a little guy, and just so easy to adore. I wanted to ask a few questions about it, and would love to see what everyone else thinks!

On siblings to match: Hazelā€™s style speaks for himself. Very warm, cozy, autumnal, outdoorsy, a soft and calm childhood with lots of woodsy adventures and no shortage of love. Itā€™s a name that, to me, is so obvious for a baby boy, but one that I have an extremely hard time matching in style. I want something that is just as warm sepia with deep greens, a name that leans more feminine and soft than most boys names, that still has a nature connection, but that doesnā€™t feel too girly. One that is easily recognizable, but refreshing to see on a little guy. [name_m]Basil[/name_m], [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], [name_m]Bravery[/name_m], [name_m]Elm[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Leaf[/name_m], [name_m]Moss[/name_m], [name_m]Ochre[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], [name_m]Sidney[/name_m], [name_m]Sorrel[/name_m], and [name_m]Sycamore[/name_m] all fit the similar vibe to me, but none of them click each of the boxes that [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] does, leaving them feel a little hollow compared to him. I would really love to see name suggestions that youā€™d recommend to me for Hazelā€™s siblings (particularly brother names, but Iā€™m also lost for what direction to go for a daughter.)

On the general reactions to him: I know within our group here on Nameberry, many of us would be excited to meet a little [name_m]Hazel[/name_m], but I really want to hear everyoneā€™s true thoughts on the name. Whether youā€™re a berry who loves it, or a berry who hates it. I want to know, and if it fits, Iā€™d love to hear the reasons why you feel the way you do about [name_m]Hazel[/name_m]. What are your overall thoughts about the name? How do you think others would react to the name? Would it be well-loved and complimented, or would it be laughed at?

On my own favorites: If you know me well enough to know my style, do you think [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] fits well with my favorites? Not necessarily the ones in my user card, as they arenā€™t totally an accurate representation, more so some of my favorite fall-ish names, but mainly the ones on my Listography, or the ones Iā€™ve talked about for years. If youā€™re still not sure, ā€œmy most likely to be pickedā€ are [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] or [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] for my daughter, and my longtime favorites for my son are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

On the middle name: What middle names would you choose for [name_m]Hazel[/name_m]? What middle names would you suggest to me for [name_m]Hazel[/name_m]? You can look at my lists to see what my style is like, or you can choose middles based on your own style!

On the imagery: And lastly, and perhaps most simply, what vibes or imagery or aesthetic or emoji would you use to describe [name_m]Hazel[/name_m]? How do you think a [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] would look and act? What his childhood would be like? Where do you think heā€™d fall in the family age-wise? Does the moodboard I added below match your own imagery of the name? Iā€™d love for my own thoughts and the pictures I get of my [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] to transfer, so this one is sort of important to me, but still be honest!

Feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you want. Thank you all!
:socks: :potted_plant: :maple_leaf:

2 Likes

On siblings to match:

[name_m]Acre[/name_m], [name_m]Acton[/name_m], [name_m]Alder[/name_m], [name_m]Alwyn[/name_m], [name_m]Ashby[/name_m], [name_f]Aspen[/name_f], [name_f]Bay[/name_f], [name_m]Beck[/name_m], [name_m]Celyn[/name_m], [name_f]Clove[/name_f], [name_m]Cove[/name_m], [name_m]Darragh[/name_m], [name_f]Ellery[/name_f], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_m]Fenn[/name_m], [name_m]Fennel[/name_m], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_m]Finch[/name_m], [name_m]Florin[/name_m], [name_m]Harbor[/name_m], [name_m]Hollis[/name_m], [name_m]Jarrah[/name_m], [name_f]Jonquil[/name_f], [name_f]Lake[/name_f], [name_f]Lark[/name_f], [name_m]Lowen[/name_m], [name_m]Marlow[/name_m], [name_m]Meriwether[/name_m], [name_m]Morgan[/name_m], [name_m]Robin[/name_m], [name_m]Rosen[/name_m], [name_f]Sable[/name_f], [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_m]Sandy[/name_m], [name_m]Sky[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_f]Thistle[/name_f], [name_f]Vale[/name_f], [name_m]Wynn[/name_m], [name_m]Yarrow[/name_m]

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f], [name_f]Bluma[/name_f], [name_f]Calluna[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Delta[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Elestren[/name_f], [name_f]Embla[/name_f], [name_f]Evora[/name_f], [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f], [name_f]Kirrily[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Marjoram[/name_f], [name_f]Nyx[/name_f], [name_f]Ornella[/name_f], [name_f]Peridot[/name_f], [name_f]Tempest[/name_f], [name_f]Topaz[/name_f], [name_f]Ursa[/name_f]

On the general reactions to him: I actually donā€™t love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for a girl, but there is something quite sweet about it on a boy. That said, I think there would be some serious side-eye in real life from non-name nerds. It also feels like a name where reactions will be largely dependent on your local area. I expect it would be less surprising in an already nature-y name climate (the PNW comes to mind).

On your own favorites: It is quite a bit more outlandish than [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I do have slight hesitations about such large departures in style for siblings, particularly those of the same sex, as I think it could lead to avoidable sibling rivalry. I do think it fits with your other favorites vibe-wise, though.

On the middle name:

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]

On the imagery: Vibes are cozy and warm. I picture a bookish, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Mason-educated tot dressed in sweaters. Family is outdoors-y, but in a sophisticated way. Definitely youngest child energy. Your moodboard absolutely fits my vision of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]!

1 Like

Oh, sweet Hazel!! I absolutely adore him, and honestly like him better on a boy, where he feels a bit more quirky and unexpected then on a girl! :maple_leaf: I canā€™t remember where I first saw him used in a boys combo, but ever since then Iā€™ve been obsessed with the idea of a little boy called Hazel!

This is a tough one! The sibling name needs to have that woodsy feel, but shouldnā€™t be too matchy. Hazel & Sycamore? Adorable, but is the tree connection too much? Hazel and Ochre? Great together, but they are also both coloursā€¦I see the struggle. Iā€™ve compiled this list and hopefully you like a few:

Robin: I feel like this is the most obvious choice! He has that soft, more feminine feel and I like how the bird connection feels naturey and woodsy without being too obvious next to Hazel. Plus heā€™s just the epitome of a mud puddle jumping, tree climbing, vintage, cozy name. I also think the literary connection to Christopher Robin from Winnie-the-Pooh is so adorable, and fits the childlike, bookish feel of Hazel!

March: This is kind of a wildcardā€¦But I sort of like him? March has that nature connection though the season, and feels so soft and loving because of the March sisters connection. Maybe less autumnal then you want, but I think Hazel and March are lovely brothers! :herb:

Morris: Thinking of the sock emoji, Morris seems like the epitome of the :socks: :fallen_leaf: aesthetic! He has that clunky, vintage, granddad name vibe, but also feel soft and sweet and cuddly. The meaning is ā€œmoorā€, which matches the stormy autumn vibe, and you can have the nickname Moss! Hazel & Morris nn Hazey & Moss??

Kit: This sprung to mind because of the sweet connection to the name for a baby fox! :fox_face: He makes me think of an outdoorsy, adventurous, caring kid who loves digging in the garden and reading. I think because Kit can be used for girls too, he has that more feminine feel, and I like how the K and the Z of Hazel look together.

Corwin: Maybe itā€™s just because Iā€™ve been crushing on this name recently, but how sweet are brothers Corwin & Hazel? Corwin means ā€œheartā€™s friendā€, which I feel like fits the spiritual feel of Hazel. He also feels like the epitome of an autumnal name, reminding me of spices, cardamon, anise, chai, pumpkins, and caraway seeds. Very sepia toned. He also has the nickname Winnie! (Honesty, any other -win name would word wonderfully too, I just like the fall feel of Corwin.)

Perrin: Another crush of mine! He sounds so soft and whimsical, like a little boy running through the fall leaves, reading in trees, and writing his name in the fog on a window. I feel like he has the vibe of Peregrine, but with a more delicate sound!

Hart: There was a boy called Hart who sang with me in choir a couple years ago, and I always thought it was such a cool name. Romantic, autumnal, crispā€¦He reminds me of tramping through crackly fallen leaves and carving sticks into whistles. I love how Hart makes you think of love, but also is another word for stag. It brings a bit of medieval charm. Not sure what you think about the alliteration but Hazel and Hart as brothers sound divine :maple_leaf:

Ira: :mag_right::fallen_leaf::wind_face::honey_pot: Ira and Hazel? I love the snug, warm feel of this name. Compared with the meaning of ā€œwatchful windā€, I picture curling up in front of a fire during an autumn wind storm or rain shower. So homey and sweet with Hazel!

Oisin: Not sure if this fits at all, but I just had to comment on him, because I love his soft, whispery sound, and the meaning "little deerā€™!! :deer::maple_leaf::ocean: Same with Ronin which means ā€œlittle seal!ā€

Some other random suggestions: Elmer ā€œElmā€, Grover ā€œGroveā€, Francis, Linus, Wilbur, Blythe, Ruska, Finch, Ewan, Fern, Fig, Forest, Olive, Bramwell, Graeme, Misha, Laurence, Newt, Wilder, Seymour, Truman, Sparrow and Herschel

As I mentioned above, I adore Hazel and would love to hear him on a little boy!!! Nevertheless, my first instinct upon hearing the name IRL would be to think it was a girl. I also think that, outside of the Nameberry community, it would be quite out there. I think it would be complimented, but also questioned at the same time.
However, I think the nature name trend is widely being recognized as pretty gender neutral! I know boys named Scout, Rowan, Sage, River, Olive, and even a newborn Sky!! So while it might be a brave choice, I thick it would be taken quite well. And I would be overjoyed!

When I look at Hazel in regards to your list, I think he fits right in with your cozy, quirky-classic, teddy bear :teddy_bear:, nostalgic style. Your names are all offbeat, woodsy, a little wordy, and vintage. He matches perfectly!!

When I compare him to your examples of Theodore and Henry, he still fits in my head. Like, "oh, another ones of Mollieā€™s cuddly boys names!ā€™ Zooming out, Hazel next to Theodore and Henry does stick out as being more feminine, but honestlyā€¦the vibes match, so who cares!

I would lean into the softer feel, to be honest. I know some people might be tempted to give him a stronger, traditionally masculine name to balance it out, but I donā€™t think itā€™s needed. Something that fits the feel, and yet isnā€™t a nature name and isnā€™t too feminine. Here are some ideas:

Summary

Hazel Atticus
Hazel Augustine
Hazel Gideon
Hazel Bellamy
Hazel Finnegan
Hazel Sinclair
Hazel Mortimer
Hazel Phineas
Hazel Pascale
Hazel Cassian
Hazel Irving
Hazel Alasdair
Hazel Caraway
Hazel Fenwick
Hazel Shepherd

100% agree with everything youā€™ve said, we have the same vision. Heā€™s :maple_leaf::rooster::bagel::socks::bug::teddy_bear::fallen_leaf::deer::herb:

3 Likes

On siblings to match: maybe a bit of a random selection butā€¦
Lorcan, Blyth, Nevan, Pearl, Salix, Wystan, Ever, Acer, Linus, Auden, Jordy, Lupin, Scout, Avon, Pearl, Sulwyn, Merle, Sunny, Indigo, Sandy, Cleo, Cadence, Cordy, Pip, Winslow, Merritt
Pepper, Libby, Coralie, Dessie, Ziggy, Marlowe, Winry, Sunday, Calla, Isolde

On general reactions: Hazel is so lovely - I think it could work on a boy, giving a vintage vibe. I do think it might give people a pause and some might be surprised - however, it sounds similar enough to Hayes and Hayden and Iā€™ve met boys called Star, Sunny, Hadley, and Storm :person_shrugging: I just looked it up too, and in the US, since 2020, at least 100 boys have been called Hazel - a small number compared to its (huge) popularity for girls, but it is being used.

On your favourites: I could see it with your girls given their offbeat, quirky vibes, but not with your boys (sorry!!). Henry and Theodore are so classic and so currently popular that Hazel(b) would seem quite jarring - and if you had Henry, Theodore and Hazel, I do think that could cause some resentment from a little Hazel, when his brothers have such ā€˜normalā€™ names?
I think there are other names on your list that it could work with - Lenny, Linus, Ira, Fox, Kit, Casper, Cosmo, Sinclair, Solstice, Sullivan, Wilf, Wynn, Alcottā€¦ the slightly more unexpected choices. Also, maybe a way off track idea, but something like Henry Basil nn Hazel? Henry Horatio nn Hazel?

On middle names:
Iā€™d go with something slightly rough and tumble but still earthy and sort of gentle?

Hazel Rafferty, Hazel Valentine, Hazel Evander, Hazel Leonidas, Hazel Beckett, Hazel Finley, Hazel Finnegan, Hazel Bastian, Hazel Balthasar, Hazel Magnus, Hazel Keaton, Hazel Rex, Hazel Claude

On imagery: Hazel gives me woodsy, earthy vibes, shades of green, homemade jam and biscuits, messy paintings and glittery hands, hiking, reading quietly

1 Like

Siblings :
Brothers - [name_m]Adler[/name_m] , [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Willkie[/name_m] , [name_m]Barrett[/name_m], [name_m]Ashe[/name_m], [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], [name_m]Asa[/name_m] , [name_f]Juno[/name_f] , [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] , [name_m]Leon[/name_m] . [name_f]Shay[/name_f] , Hawkley. [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Huck[/name_m] . Bramble/ [name_m]Bram[/name_m] , [name_f]Sage[/name_f] , [name_f]Schuyler[/name_f], [name_m]Torben[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] , [name_m]Otto[/name_m] , [name_m]Ira[/name_m]

Sisters - [name_f]Aspen[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Nova[/name_f] , [name_f]Stella[/name_f] , [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] , [name_f]Iris[/name_f] , [name_f]Lindy[/name_f] , [name_f]Keeva[/name_f] , [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Chelsea[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] , [name_f]Polly[/name_f] . [name_f]Annie[/name_f]

1 Like

On siblings to match: I really like the names you mentioned for a brother! For me, the first names that come to mind for male siblings would be something like Cypress, Valentine, Arrow, Freyr, Florian, Honor, Ira, Jem, Linden, Meridian, Mika, Ocean, Remy, Sal / Sol, Riley, Wren, Winslow, Zephyr. I think it has to have a more unisex sound/vibe like Hazel, and also feel a bit hippy-ish in the same way ideally!

On general reactions: Personally, I love it. Willow on a boy used to be one of my favourites when I was more into English names, and I feel like Hazel is very similar. Soft, with a unisex sound and beautiful nature imagery, refreshing and charming on a boy! That said, Iā€™m expecting a male Hazel to get teased. I think it depends on where you live I guess, because itā€™ll be worse if youā€™re in a state where Hazel has been really popular for girls and everyone will have met a female Hazel. I donā€™t necessarily think that the teasing will be cruel (it will likely even be behind his back, by adults), but I do expect some snickering and comments about a boy Hazel. It really has to do with the environment he grows up in. I could see a Hazel (m) growing up being embarrassed about his name after getting made fun of and going by Haze instead, but I could also easily see a Hazel (m) embracing his name. Again, Hazelā€™s own attitude, upbringing, and surrounding attitudes all affect it.

On your favourites: Based on your listography, I think itā€™s kind of a 70/30. I think most of your boy names seem too classic and traditionally masculine to work with Hazel. Like others have mentioned, if he had brothers with traditional masculine names like Theodore or Magnus or Edmund (just picking some from your UC!) everyone would assume he was a sister, and it could lead to resentment. Itā€™s the same thing if his sister also had a very standard name (e.g. Hazel & Iris, Hazel & June, Hazel & Beaatrix) where, since one siblingā€™s name is so expected, everyone would assume Hazel was a girl to fit the theme of familiar, ā€œnormalā€ names. But some of the names on your list could work (most of the boy ones are the ones youā€™ve already mentioned yourself). So, you could do it, but youā€™d have to commit to a specific part of your style to make it work, if you care about sibset cohesion.

On the middle name: Hazel Benjamin, Hazel Oliver, Hazel Sebastian, Hazel Sullivan, Hazel Edmund, Hazel Rafferty, Hazel Victor, Hazel Maximilian etc. Something easily recognisable as masculine and not too modern/trendy.

On the imagery: Granted, Iā€™m biased by having already seen the moodboard before answering this question! I think your general moodboard vibes fit, with it being very autumnal, but to me Hazel feels a bit more indoors and cosy. Still someone who likes playing outside and running in the crunchy autumn leaves, but someone who likes relaxing at home too with a mug of cocoa and an animated movie. On an adult/older teenager, it makes me think of someone sporty and outgoing!

1 Like

I absolutely love Hazel for a girl! For a boy, Iā€™m not quite sure what exactly to think of it. Itā€™s sweet and unexpected, certainly. However, if I met a little boy named Hazel, I would think it a very strange choice and too feminine for me, but once I got used to him, I would just most likely think of him when I heard the name. I personally prefer very masculine names for boys and even nicknames like Charlie and Sam give me some pause. (But I love Samuel too much for this to matter very much)

I think siblings for a boy Hazel would also be nature-y themed. Hazel and Basil are a bit too rhymey. I like: Rowan, Kai, Caspian, Oliver, Arthur (bear), Bear, Oscar, Jasper, Leo, Callum (dove), Ronan, Florian, River, Colt.
I donā€™t think Hazel and Henry/Theodore are very well matched for siblings, as Theodore is a strong, solid boy name, while Hazel is woodsy and more girly. Many families have different styles for sons and daughters so Hazel and Agnes/Agatha wouldnā€™t stick out as much, but if I heard of a family with a Hazel and Agnes, I would assume both were daughters.
For middle names, Hazel Sky, Hazel Rowan, Hazel Callum. I would also suggest maybe giving a son named Hazel a strong, masculine name so that he could always go by that when heā€™s older if he doesnā€™t like Hazel. I know a lot of boys who wouldnā€™t be thrilled over a feminine name on a boy.
The imagery of Hazel fits what I think of exactly!

1 Like

I honestly never understood the appeal of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] until I saw people considering it for boys! I love the soft, rugged, outdoorsy feeling. I wouldnā€™t personally use it because I honestly care too much about what people would think of a gender-bent name, but I do genuinely love the idea of it for a boy!

Brothers for [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]: [name_f]October[/name_f], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_m]Earnest[/name_m], [name_m]Ellis[/name_m], [name_m]Hart[/name_m] or [name_m]Hartley[/name_m], [name_f]Hadley[/name_f], [name_f]Harper[/name_f], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_m]Digby[/name_m], [name_m]Pippin[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m] (nn Odie), [name_m]Oakley[/name_m], [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Perrin[/name_m]

Sisters for [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]: [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Piper[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f], [name_f]Wren[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] though it does lean feminine to me. I wonder if you would like [name_m]Hayes[/name_m]?
I love the way it sounds out loud (Haze) and the nickname [name_f]Hazy[/name_f].
Names that have the same feel or similar sounds:
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] nn [name_m]Zeke[/name_m]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Noel[/name_m]
[name_m]Asa[/name_m]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

Sorry, @VEL, I didnā€™t mean to reply to your post!

I adore [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] for a boy.

On siblings to match:
[name_m]Clair[/name_m] was my first thought for a brother. Also thinking [name_m]Robin[/name_m], [name_m]Willow[/name_m], [name_m]Misha[/name_m], [name_m]Olive[/name_m], [name_m]Merle[/name_m], [name_m]Garnet[/name_m], [name_m]Beryl[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] ([name_m]Forest[/name_m]?), [name_m]Lavender[/name_m] and [name_m]Pleasant[/name_m]! Something equally nature-y and/or vintage-inspired (although I also like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] with [name_m]Hazel[/name_m]).

For a sister, I love [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]! Using your (gorgeous) list, I would suggest [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

On the general reactions to him:
From a logical standpoint, I know a little boy named [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] might get teased (kids are cruel and adults even more so), but, well, I have weird hobbies and my brain just keeps going back to all those birth/death/marriage/census/whatever records Iā€™ve found of male [name_m]Hazel[/name_m]. Sure, it was always more common for girls, but no one can say that it doesnā€™t have a non-negligible history of use for boys (and letā€™s be real, [name_m]Hazel[/name_m] is not [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] or [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f], i.e. a frilly, hyper-feminine type of name; plus I feel like nature names are getting more and more unisex as time goes on).

On the imagery:
Iā€™m not so great with words, Iā€™m afraidā€¦

Hazel feels very cosy to me, definitely autumnal but more in a ā€œstay home, put on a warm sweater, read a nice book and eat cookiesā€ kind of way. Something like this:

:teddy_bear::yarn::fallen_leaf::cookie::books::teapot:

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for a girl and I tend to think of it only as a girlā€™s name (to be fair though, it might be because of [name_m]Rick[/name_m] [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] ā€” I canā€™t ever envision [name_m]Rory[/name_m] on a boy because of [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls) but wouldnā€™t be surprised to meet a boy named that. I think itā€™s a name thatā€™s both cool-sounding on a boy while being modern, fresh and not overdone on the gender. Itā€™s one of the few unisex names that I like because it actually feels unisex (despite my instinct being girl first), differently than [name_m]Max[/name_m], [name_m]Charlie[/name_m] etc. I struggle to place him among a [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and an [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], but with a bit of imagination I can see him with [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Despite [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] on its own feeling modern, it gets a very vintage-y feel in that sibset, which is nice.
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] sounds cool but cozy to me! I think he might have a little sibling heā€™d be constantly teaching things to and playing with, and he wouldnā€™t care too much about fitting in or what others think of him. He feels friendly, genuine, family-oriented and like he knows himself. Heā€™d probably be going with his parents to the woods behind the house or to the park at autumn since he was very little, and I feel like heā€™d take a little sibling (for some reason [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] feels like the little sister of the family, but nn [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ā€œTheoā€ and they swap around very easily) and teach them stuff like making a treehouse. Feels like a kid who had a very happy, nature-based childhood and ended up a laidback secure teen. Heā€™d still be going to nature later on in his life, maybe taking his younger sibling along and hanging out with friends by a bonfire. So yep, fits the imagery pretty perfectly.
In a more Northern setting (since itā€™s such an [name_f]English[/name_f] name) I feel like heā€™d love Thanksgiving! But probably just stay home at Halloween and have some apple pie and cinnamon tea while [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] (maybe [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] too) went trick-or-treating. Also, he predominantly UK or small-town [name_m]North[/name_m] American but thatā€™s just me xD
:coat::yarn::scarf::maple_leaf::fallen_leaf::leaves::cloud_with_rain::chestnut::peanuts::bubble_tea::tea::camping::basket::scroll::memo: are my emoji overload.

I actually never considered Hazel on a boy but it is so so precious!! I love the cozy autumnal vibes and how itā€™s a more unexpected choice. You hit the vibes / color scheme right on the head!

for siblings what about

Shea :chestnut:
Oliver :herb: - definitely more expected though
Graham :wood:
Forrest :evergreen_tree:
Quill :feather:
Shiloh :dove:
Oaken :deciduous_tree:

Agnes & Agatha work so well with Hazel!

Oh, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]! [name_m]Super[/name_m] autumnal and cozy. Also major props for manually turning [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] blue.

Siblings to match:
Given that [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is rarely used for boys, I think the siblings should be similar. I havenā€™t read all the comments, but I did see @OctaviaMay 's list and wanted to second basically all of them (Corwin :heart_eyes: I swear I could never see myself with a son and then a few years the idea of [name_m]Corwin[/name_m] melted me. Now I could totally envision having a bunch of boys. Heā€™ll always have a soft spot in my heart). Back to the ideas (in a stream of consciousness order)!

[name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] / [name_m]Tolly[/name_m]: [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] has a similar ā€œtraditional with a twistā€ vibes - [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is familiar for a girl but surprising on a boy, [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] is reminiscent of [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] but different. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] + [name_m]Tolly[/name_m] would be wearing mismatched socks, gallivanting through the woods, and taking care of animals.
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]: Okay any time I think of [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m], I kind of forget that he =/= Gulliverā€™s Travels. [name_m]Gulliver[/name_m] could be called [name_m]Gull[/name_m], Gully, [name_m]Gil[/name_m], or even Giver - an animal connection through [name_m]Gull[/name_m] šŸŖæ or [name_m]Gil[/name_m] :fish:
[name_m]Olin[/name_m]: Made familiar by [name_m]Blake[/name_m] [name_f]Lively[/name_f] & [name_m]Ryan[/name_m] [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m] - I think a [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (b) would work well with their crew. [name_m]Olin[/name_m] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (b) both feel a little twangy, they would sit in front of the fireplace and read stories or make music.
[name_m]Lorne[/name_m]: Suuuuper underrated. I think of [name_m]Lorne[/name_m] Michaels from SNL. When I taught young kids, there was a little boy named [name_m]Loren[/name_m] in my class so I definitely think these names are usable.
[name_m]Sander[/name_m] / [name_m]Sandy[/name_m]: [name_m]Sander[/name_m] feels sort of newsboy vintage while [name_m]Sandy[/name_m] is cuddly and beachy. Either way, they donā€™t take themselves too seriously.
[name_m]Clancy[/name_m]: For a boy or a girl, itā€™s clunky and warm and cozy. Total kid detective vibes!
[name_m]Gene[/name_m]: [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Gene[/name_m] (b) feel perfectly mismatched, like they always have wild hair that is just begging for their mother to brush it back. But [name_m]Gene[/name_m] (g) has spunk - I could totally see her and brother [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] fingerpainting the walls (sorry!).
[name_f]Gilda[/name_f]: A subtle autumn color scheme theme. I could see [name_f]Gilda[/name_f] ā€œforcingā€ [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] to feel vintage and forgotten familiar.
[name_f]Clea[/name_f]: Particularly with the ā€œclay-uhā€ pronunciation, it feels warm and cozy but still powerful and bold.
[name_f]Marla[/name_f]: Cuddly and retro, reminds me of chunky sweaters, fresh baked goods, and the feeling of being dressed for winter but having rosy cheeks from the indoor heat.
[name_f]Afton[/name_f] / [name_f]Arden[/name_f]: Different enough that I probably shouldnā€™t combine them but they feel so similar in my mind. Both are tailored and remind me of fall. [name_f]Arden[/name_f] has the Shakespearean forest bonus.

Other brother ideas but with less writing: [name_m]Roscoe[/name_m], [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Les[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (too matchy? probably), [name_m]Griff[/name_m], [name_m]Aubin[/name_m], [name_m]Argo[/name_m], [name_m]Seymour[/name_m], [name_m]Roswell[/name_m], [name_m]Odie[/name_m], [name_m]Iggy[/name_m], [name_m]Crispin[/name_m], [name_m]Ennis[/name_m], [name_m]Sid[/name_m], [name_m]Tully[/name_m], [name_m]Lewin[/name_m], [name_m]Jens[/name_m], [name_m]Fergus[/name_m], [name_m]Jess[/name_m], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_m]Willem[/name_m] / [name_m]Willis[/name_m] / [name_m]Wilkie[/name_m], [name_m]Rye[/name_m]
Other sister ideas: [name_f]Clemence[/name_f], [name_f]Bridie[/name_f], [name_f]Cecile[/name_f] / [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] / [name_f]Cicely[/name_f], [name_f]Este[/name_f] / [name_f]Esti[/name_f], [name_f]Lua[/name_f], [name_f]Rhoda[/name_f], [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_m]Arlo[/name_m], [name_f]Georgie[/name_f], [name_m]Ira[/name_m]
Any/either: [name_m]Wyn[/name_m] / [name_m]Wynn[/name_m] / [name_f]Wynne[/name_f], [name_m]Adair[/name_m], [name_m]Yarrow[/name_m], [name_m]Quincy[/name_m], [name_m]Tilden[/name_m], [name_m]Kit[/name_m], [name_m]Pippin[/name_m], [name_m]Lemmy[/name_m], [name_m]Percy[/name_m], [name_m]Rudy[/name_m], [name_m]Misha[/name_m]

[name_m]General[/name_m] reactions:
When I clicked on this post, it did not occur to me that it was going to be ā€œLetā€™s talk about [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (b)!ā€ Donā€™t get me wrong, I do like the name. Itā€™s just so unexpected for a boy while still being so expected for a girl.

I think that, if I heard that someone used [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for a boy, I would expect the family to be like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] & [name_f]Baby[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]. Homestead-y, hippie, non-traditional, bohemian. I think this can be manipulated by the sibset used - for example, I think it could have an Appalachian rustic antique vibe (a la [name_m]Mose[/name_m], Inez) or be seen as a clunky forgotten favorite (a la [name_m]Oswald[/name_m], Hester).

Teasability is hard for me to judge. I think the parents may very well get odd comments, and little [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] may be confused for a girl on rosters/when introduced. But Iā€™m not sure that makes it unusable - especially because I think gender neutral/gender flips and uncommon names will become more commonplace.

With your favorites:
I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] fits your Nameberry style well! I could see him in a UC for sure. But I do not see [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] with [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (sorry! I feel like such a hater!).

If I heard ā€œthese are my kids [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], and Hazelā€ those are two boys and a girl. With [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], itā€™s less of a gender thing and more that I see them as being pretty traditional and buttoned up while [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is off the grid, ecofeminist.

Some like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Wolfie[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Erwin[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Beverly[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Orchard[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_m]Ochre[/name_m] ā€“ I could see it.

Middle name:
I would see [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] having a more classic, masculine middle name to balance him out a bit.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

I could also see [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] as a middle name for many of your firsts.

[name_f]Imagery[/name_f]:
I see (my preferred version of) [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] as autumnal, but not dark academia - just that weekend waking up and going to the farmers market, drinking apple cider and eating donuts, then going on a woodland walk during the afternoon, before cozying up in front of the fire for the evening. Depending on the sibset/middle name, I could envision him being high energy, mischievous, climbing trees, and creating dramatic adventure stories in his head :wood::turtle::umbrella::chipmunk::beverage_box::kite::hiking_boot::worm::world_map::camping: [name_m]Or[/name_m] sweet, cozy, the baby of the family, carrying around a stuffie, asking to lick the spoon after making dessert. :teddy_bear::art::fallen_leaf::socks::pie::luggage::cookie::yarn:

@VEL Thank you very much for the reply! [name_m]Acre[/name_m] is a great suggestion, one I didnā€™t think of. For my own kids, Iā€™m also liking [name_f]Clove[/name_f], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_m]Finch[/name_m], [name_m]Harbor[/name_m], [name_m]Meriwether[/name_m], [name_m]Robin[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], and [name_m]Wynn[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Alder[/name_m], [name_m]Alwyn[/name_m], [name_f]Bay[/name_f], [name_m]Beck[/name_m], [name_m]Cove[/name_m], [name_m]Darragh[/name_m], [name_m]Fenn[/name_m], [name_m]Florin[/name_m], [name_m]Hollis[/name_m], [name_f]Lark[/name_f], [name_m]Marlow[/name_m], [name_m]Rosen[/name_m], [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_f]Bluma[/name_f], [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f], and [name_f]Ornella[/name_f] are great suggestions for others too. Ooh, it does feel a lot like a PNW name! That makes so much sense. As for these lovely combo suggestions, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Walter[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] are ones that Iā€™d also come up with, so itā€™s nice to see those on here. I also really enjoy [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]! I also love this description you gave. Very much so fitting what I see!

@OctaviaMay Thank you so much for the reply, [name_f]Louise[/name_f]! The same thing happened to me with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], although I was an avid lover of the name for a girl probably seven years ago. I was sure Iā€™d have a daughter named [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. Clearly times and thoughts have changed!

I do really love [name_m]Robin[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] together (although part of me wonders if [name_m]Robin[/name_m] leans too cool-toned compared to Hazelā€¦it might just be my own imagery of the names), especially the bookish feel of them together. [name_m]March[/name_m] is never one Iā€™ve liked before, but hearing him next to Hazelā€¦so stinking cute!! [name_m]Morris[/name_m] is a great suggestion. I totally agree with that description of [name_m]Morris[/name_m]. I totally forgot about the possibility of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_m]Morris[/name_m] ā€œMoss.ā€ [name_f]Love[/name_f] it! [name_m]Kit[/name_m] is also lovely, he brings out the warmer orange tones of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] rather than the browns. More of a rust, tawny, burnt orange than an amber, clay, or cider. Truthfully, Iā€™m not a huge fan of how [name_m]Corwin[/name_m] sounds, but gosh have you made me have a soft spot for him! Heartā€™s friend is a perfect meaning, and I will be continuing to look for alternate names with that meaning. So lovely! [name_m]Perrin[/name_m] is one Iā€™ve totally forgotten about - [name_m]Perrin[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] are actually perfect together, gosh! Iā€™m genuinely beaming at this suggestion. I think you mightā€™ve found my match?! I mean [name_m]Perry[/name_m] and [name_m]Haze[/name_m]? I love it. And the same with [name_m]Hart[/name_m]. Youā€™re right, Iā€™m not a huge fan of alliteration, but [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is quote sweet. [name_m]Ira[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] are also extremely sweet as are [name_m]Oisin[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. Two names that I would likely not feel too much pull to in this situation, but whose meanings totally change that fact. And to keep the other suggestions short, for myself Iā€™m loving [name_m]Elmer[/name_m] ā€œElm,ā€ [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Fig[/name_f], [name_m]Forest[/name_m], [name_m]Misha[/name_m], and [name_m]Newt[/name_m]. In general, I also love [name_m]Grover[/name_m] ā€œGrove,ā€ [name_m]Francis[/name_m], [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], [name_m]Ruska[/name_m], [name_m]Finch[/name_m], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], [name_m]Laurence[/name_m], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_m]Seymour[/name_m], [name_m]Sparrow[/name_m], and Herschal. [name_f]Louise[/name_f], you are too good to me. So many perfect suggestions.

As for the rest of your response, an [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (b) is such a fun sighting! The statement of "When I compare him to your examples of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m], he still fits in my head. Like, ā€œoh, another ones of Mollieā€™s cuddly boys names!ā€™ Zooming out, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] next to [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] does stick out as being more feminine, but honestlyā€¦the vibes match, so who cares!ā€ makes so much sense, so I thank you for putting it into words! This is honestly exactly how I feel. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] are all combos I had as well, so itā€™s nice to see them mentioned here. Besides those, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Mortimer[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Caraway[/name_f] are all so great, but the rest are truly stunning too. I feel the same way about the middle spot! Thank you again, [name_f]Louise[/name_f]! Apologies for the long response!

@Greyblue Thank you for the reply, [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_f]Blyth[/name_f], [name_m]Acer[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Jordy[/name_m] (never thought about this on until two days agoā€¦itā€™s honestly so sweet now that you mention it in this situation), [name_m]Sulwyn[/name_m], [name_m]Winslow[/name_m], [name_f]Merritt[/name_f], [name_f]Pepper[/name_f], [name_m]Ziggy[/name_m], and [name_f]Winry[/name_f] are so nice! Part of me feels like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] somehow feels even more vintage on a boy than a girl? It almost reminds me of [name_m]Harold[/name_m] from the sound. Anyhow, that makes total sense about the popularity, [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] working with him because of their offbeat quirkiness and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] not as much so given how much more expected they are. Totally understandable! As [name_f]Madison[/name_f] said a few replies down, I do feel like he works with my Nameberry style (what you listed as [name_m]Lenny[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Ira[/name_m], [name_m]Fox[/name_m], [name_m]Kit[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_m]Sinclair[/name_m], [name_f]Solstice[/name_f], [name_m]Sullivan[/name_m], [name_m]Wilf[/name_m], [name_m]Wynn[/name_m], [name_m]Alcott[/name_m], etc), but maybe not as much with my everyday in real life style, where I tend to lean a little more classic and timeless. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Basil[/name_m] ā€œHazelā€ is brilliant! These middle names definitely fit the vibe Iā€™m going for! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Valentine[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Finley[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Bastien[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Claude[/name_m] are all so lovely. I love your imagery of him too. Particularly the bit about homemade jam and biscuits and reading quietly!

@Ehrob1 Thank you for the response! I do like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Wilkie[/name_m], [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Bram[/name_m], [name_f]Sage[/name_f], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], and [name_m]Ira[/name_m] as a brother for little [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], as well as [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for a sister!

1 Like

@tallemaja Thank you very much for the reply, [name_f]Maya[/name_f]! [name_m]Valentine[/name_m], [name_m]Florian[/name_m], [name_m]Ira[/name_m], [name_f]Wren[/name_f], and [name_m]Winslow[/name_m] are so sweet as brothers for him. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] on a boy is so refreshing! I think the thing that really makes me love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], etc. more for boys is the fact that they feel so much more nature-y. For a girl, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] are justā€¦names, one a little vintage and one a little hippie, but for a baby boy, theyā€™re tall trees and sun drenched forests in autumn. Itā€™s so funny how the imagery is changed (or well, added) depending on the sex of the child for me. Your thoughts on the teasing are totally understandable as are your thoughts on the name not matching most of my boys. I definitely get that. Despite how obvious [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] seems for a boy to me, within the context of hearing a set of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], I do fully agree that Iā€™d bet [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] was a girl. Great point there! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Sullivan[/name_m], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] are all lovely. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] especially! Your description of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is spot-on, too. I definitely see a little [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] retreating back inside after just a couple hours playing in the leaves, especially if he was the baby of the family.

@Maria_Bennett Thank you for the reply! The ideas on [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for a boy make a lot of sense. Siblings for [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] being [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Bear[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], and [name_m]Florian[/name_m] are all great. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Callum[/name_m] is nice too. Thanks for the response!

2 Likes

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for a boy!

On Siblings: (b) [name_m]August[/name_m], [name_f]Orchid[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Aster[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Rainy[/name_f], [name_m]Forest[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Cypress[/name_m], [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
(g) [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Claudie[/name_f]

On [name_m]General[/name_m] Reactions: Although itā€™s way more popular for girls, itā€™s not too feminine sounding and feels like an obvious boys name to me

On your favorites: It reads a little trendier than [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. That said I really like [name_m]Theo[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_m]Teddy[/name_m] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and I think [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is cute too.