Let's Talk About Noa

So, its pronounced like [name_u]Noah[/name_u].
But its feminine.
Many people would assume its derived from the name [name_u]Noah[/name_u], with the ending “h” dropped. And while there is a female [name_f]Noa[/name_f] in the [name_m]Christian[/name_m] bible, I much more prefer the other origins of the name.
It is a common girl’s name in Japan meaning “my love.” And in Hawaiian, means “freedom” or “light.”

My perception of the name? It reads weird. I don’t know how I feel about the three letters. My brain wants to say Nwah.
But be still, my heart, do I ever think its cute.

What do you all think?

[name_f]Noa[/name_f] is a really cute name! I know a little girl named [name_f]Noa[/name_f] and the name suits her so well! I pronounce it like [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. The Japanese and Hawaiian meanings are lovely. [name_f]Noa[/name_f] is very popular in Netherlands, Israel, Spain and Portugal.

I find it extremely cute.

I know that it has many meanings in different languages, and it is unisex, but I can’t separate it from [name_u]Noah[/name_u].

So so cute! [name_f]Noa[/name_f] is the definition of short and sweet!

I do find it sweet and the 3 letters appeal to me

It’s one of my absolute favorites! I adore [name_f]Noa[/name_f] and it’s soft sound and sweet simplicity!

I’ve seen it before and I really like it. I think [name_f]Miley[/name_f] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]’ sister is called [name_f]Noa[/name_f]? It’s really pretty :slight_smile:

I love it!! I know 2 little girls named [name_f]Noa[/name_f], so I actually now assume girl when I hear [name_f]Noa[/name_f]/[name_u]Noah[/name_u]. I love the different meanings, that it’s international, and that it’s unisex/tomboyish in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u]. To me it’s a lot more feminine sounding than some of the other boy-girl crossover names I’ve heard recently (ie [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], etc.). I’d use it for sure!