Letters or combos you just don’t like!?

-son ending names. they. just. do. not. sound. good.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say I dislike them, but I don’t find myself attracted too many K names; with some exceptions. [name_u]Or[/name_u] any U names.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of names starting with the letter K. I have a few on my list to fill in the gap between J and L but I know I will never use them. :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t like the sound of names that end in “ia.”
(Sofia, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], etc.)

I also try to stay away from names that are difficult to pronounce. (Rory, Aurora)

1 Like

Sre you serious or jk? :wink:

Serious. Maybe I didn’t word it well haha.

I understood perfectly I was just playing with the initials JK since you said you had names for JKL.

1 Like

i’m not a huge fan of ph names - [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], [name_m]Philip[/name_m]

1 Like

Names that contain the sound “oor” e.g. Nour, Nuria. Sounds fine in some accents but not in mine.

Similarly, I don’t care for names that have a prominent “ur”/“er” sound e.g. Gertrude.

There aren’t many names beginning with Q, U or Y that I like… But maybe that’s just because there aren’t many names that start with those letters to begin with?

I don’t like the combination of a long A and a long E in the same name. Kaylee, Bailey, Maisey… There are a couple exceptions, probably, but I can’t think of any right now…

I have very few sounds or letters that I don’t like and in fact, far prefer to have a variety of sounds and letters in combos and on my whole list rather than a bunch that sound or look the same.

I like the letters A and E to start names, but I’m very wary of adding any to my girl names list because I have so many students with names that start with A or E. Like more than half of the girls in each class have one of those two letters.

I’m not super fond of girl names that end in s for some reason, though I do like some. But [name_f]Doris[/name_f], [name_f]Dolores[/name_f], [name_f]Gladys[/name_f], [name_f]Carys[/name_f], [name_f]Chloris[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], etc. I’m not really keen on. I do like [name_f]Lois[/name_f], though.

Other than that, I can’t really think of anything I really don’t like…more just things I’m tired of, like many mentioned above.