Levi for a girl?

[name]One[/name] of my recent name crushes is [name]Levia[/name] (which I pronounce it [name]LEE[/name]-vi-uh. Correct me if I’m wrong.). Then I got to thinking today, what about [name]Levi[/name] for a girl? I think it sounds pretty and unique. What so you berries think? Would it work? Or is it too set-in-stone and masculine for a girl to pull it off?

1 Like

I would not do it. [name]Levi[/name] on a girl does not really sound unique to me. It is more “trendy” and would probably sound dated after a while. Especially not with [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Mica[/name] on your list for boys because I have heard of them both being used for girls, especially [name]Mica[/name]…

I think that it would be fine as a nickname for [name]Levia[/name], but I wouldn’t recommend [name]Levi[/name] as a full name for a girl.

Never saw a feminization of [name]Levi[/name] before - its not at all common as a Jewish name. i’d pronounce the Hebrew noun as “le-vah-YAH,” but i have no idea about an anglicized form. I’d think of [name]Levia[/name] as a feminization of Lavi - meaning lion - if anything. But then the pronunciation would be almost the same as [name]Livia[/name] anyway. and no, i can’t say i’d ever be a fan of just [name]Levi[/name] on a girl.

I’m not a fan of [name]Levi[/name] to begin with since it is a brand of jeans: [name]Levi[/name] Jeans. However, I agree with the previous comment that it would not be unique, but trendy. Boy names going on girls is the recent trend. I think [name]Levia[/name] or [name]Livia[/name] would fit unique.

It’s not a recent trend. It’s been going on so long it’s hard to even call it a trend.

As for the name. I like [name]Levia[/name], it’s cute. I wouldn’t use [name]Levi[/name] as a full name, but I think it’ll be find as a nickname.

Ok, thank you very much for your feedback, Berries!

I love [name]Levi[/name] for a boy, so I don’t like it for a girl. I don’t think it would be bad as a nn on a girl, though. I would use a more feminine name and use [name]Levi[/name] as a nn. [name]Levia[/name] is pretty! [name]Levinia[/name] might work as a full name.

Or maybe a fn starting with ‘le’ and mn starting with ‘vi’. [name]Leela[/name] [name]Violet[/name], for example.

[name]Don[/name]'t do it! It’s not at all attractive to my way of thinking.
Also, can I steer you far away from Lyyli? This name is a heavy burden to carry. I think sometimes we get so excited about putting sounds and letters together that we start to lose sense in the process.

I do love your boys names and think that on your crush list, you have some lovely girl options.

1 Like

Leave the boys names to the boys!!!

1 Like

It’s a boy’s name. Leave it for the boys.

It’s cute and I’ve heard it used for girlies being pronounced as leh-vee, and also spelled as levy. However if you you’re using the traditional pronunciation (like the jeans brand) I’m not such a fan.

[name]One[/name] of the female characters in my favorite anime is named [name]Levy[/name]- prn Leh-vee. I don’t know if you like that, but both [name]Levy[/name] and [name]Levi[/name] could work as nicknames for [name]Lavinia[/name] or [name]Levinia[/name].

I don’t like it personally but see the appeal and the [name]Lee[/name] is femme enough & the [name]Vi[/name] reminds me of [name]Violet[/name]. I could see this going the way of [name]Elliott[/name] and working on a girl for many. I prefer [name]Levia[/name] or [name]Lavinia[/name] or [name]Liza[/name] [name]Violet[/name]…something strong but feminine.

No…just no.

I know 2 people called [name_u]Levi[/name_u], one is a girl and the other is a boy so to me it is totally gender neutral! I really like it, personally I would use it on a boy but I don’t see any issue with it being used on a girl

1 Like

Hi! I :cupid: love, love, love the name [name_u]Levi[/name_u] for a GIRL. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] I am not too late to weigh in!

The name has special familial meaning for me. If i were to have another child it would be my 1st choice. Male or female. I am not having any more so wont take it! No worries. Lol

I have always loved what are typically male names for girls (ie: [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], dani, [name_u]Joey[/name_u] charlie). I am a girl who goes by one of those as a nickname.

For reasons I will not discuss on open forum i am changing my name. Intend on using [name_u]Levi[/name_u] as my middle name. I am female.

As far as those who remarked “trendy” I don’t think so.
I worked in education until very recently. 19 yrs. 2yrs-14yr old kids over 5 schools. Over thousand kids per yr! So i get to see what names trend. I use this insider info helping family & friends to not pick a name they think is unique just to find their kid will be one of 10-15 “[name_u]Rocco[/name_u]’s” or “riley’s” in their grade & surrounding grades. I had so many [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]’s, [name_u]Riley[/name_u]’s (many spelling variations) for yrs! Gabes, eve, eva, maya, mia, Demitri, charlie,max, jack, kayla, maddi are some of the names I had multiples of each grade past 5-10 yrs. I gave my son a very unique name 17 yrs ago noone else had. I was so scared that yr I would have a ton of [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]’s in school. But nope. Instead the [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] trend took over. Has yet to stop. So as far as TRENDY I have yet to have a single [name_u]Levi[/name_u] of any sex. So it’s certainly unique. If whomever said “trendy” didn’t mean it’s over used but in sense you’re trying too hard, well ignore that. Its your kid’s name. You should find something you love. Not as if your considering [name_m]Audio[/name_m] [name_u]Science[/name_u] or [name_u]Pilot[/name_u] Inspektor! [name_u]Love[/name_u] both those actors but nuh-huh! [name_m]Just[/name_m] bad!

You should pick something you feel a connection to either through meaning or simply because it conveys something to you. Makes you feel something, gives you a vision of what that name would look like on the lil bundle of love you are brewing!

Furthermore YES YES YES LEVI for a GIRL: usually used for males but not often, specifically making it NOT a trend. I always think of nicknames. I grew up with a girl named [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. Pronounced leev :leaves:. Not [name_f]Liv[/name_f] like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] tyler. I always loved it. Made me think of leaves :leaves: on a tree. So for a girl named [name_u]Levi[/name_u], nickname would naturally be leave , verbally. Which is beautiful and feminine! So I absolutely adore [name_u]Levi[/name_u] for your baby GIRL. Get the great name; the cuteness & presence of a typically male given name with added bonus of a super feminine beautiful nickname :leaves: that conveys delicate nature. Really the best of both!

I have no clue how long ago this question was posted. And I have never posted on a name site in my life. I actually did a random Google search for “name [name_u]Levi[/name_u] for a girl” your question on nameberry was 1st thing that popped up. I searched that because i do intend on making it my middle name. I created a nameberry account simply to answer your question. Thats how strongly I felt about giving you some positive feedback.

Oh & for all others : any variation of sienna, seirra: probably be quite a few in your kid’s future class. Lol. So you maybe suprised at what is actually “trendy”!

Good luck & best wishes to all you mama’s & papa’s to be :heart: :baby: :baby_chick: :champagne: . Hoping for a lil bouncing bundle of femine LEVI joy soon!! X​:heart:X​:heart:

Hard to say. I don’t even like it for a male.

Levia is really pretty! I think [name_u]Levi[/name_u] would be cool as a nickname on a girl.

Everything is unisex these days so to say you can’t use [name_u]Levi[/name_u] for a girl but [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] are fine for girls is a huge contradiction.

Personally I don’t love many of the boy names on girls because I like really feminine almost frilly names mostly for girls but I dont think we can put a rule of leave to the boys on some names but not others. I am naming my son [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] so does it annoy me that girls can be named [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] too? A little. But its just the place we are in - bending gender naming conventions I guess. I dont think [name_u]Levi[/name_u] is too out there for a girl but I think it makes more sense as a nickname for [name_f]Levia[/name_f] which is really pretty.