Lewis vs Joel vs Marcus vs Albus

We’re going with [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] Drinkwater for a girl - Thanks for all the votes/comments!

Now to the boys! We’ve narrowed it down to these 4:
[name]Lewis[/name] Drinkwater
[name]Joel[/name] Drinkwater
[name]Marcus[/name] Drinkwater
Albus Drinkwater

Middle name [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Matthew[/name].

If you could rank these names 1-4(fav-least fav) with your preferred middle name for each name that would be brill!

Thanks [name]Val[/name] x

1 Albus [name]Henry[/name]
2 [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
3 [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
4 [name]Joel[/name] [name]Henry[/name]

I wouldn’t be at all concerned about the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection. It took me a while to remember who Albus was since he’s mostly called Dumbledore, and if anything it helps that it’s made the name slightly less obscure. By the way the margin between 1 and 4 is very narrow, all these names are to my taste. I particularly like [name]Marcus[/name] but Albus got my top vote for being such a clever rediscovery of an old name.

1. [name]Lewis[/name] Drinkwater - To be honest, this is the only name of the four that I like, so this was an easy first for me.
  2. [name]Marcus[/name] Drinkwater - A distant second.
  3. Albus Drinkwater - A bit out there for my tastes, but I personally really don’t like [name]Joel[/name]
  4. [name]Joel[/name] Drinkwater

Here’s how I would rate them:

1. Albus [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater (Albus usually isn’t my style, but I think it sounds great with your last name!)
  2. [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Drinkwater (I think the alliteration is neat, and [name]Marcus[/name] is one of my favorite boy names)
  3. [name]Joel[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
  4. [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] : )

1. [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name]- Gorgeous. I really really like [name]Lewis[/name]. So cool!
  2. Albus [name]Henry[/name]- I like Albus and I think that it could be very cool on the right person, but it might also be just wrong. I don’t know if your last name is good or bad with Albus, though. But Drinkwater is an awesome last name!
  3. [name]Joel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - I like [name]Lewis[/name] and Albus a lot more. [name]Joel[/name] is a bit… dull compared to them. Seems like you prefer boy names ending in -s, too.
  4. [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] - I don’t care very much for [name]Marcus[/name]. Nothing wrong with it, but not my cup of tea.

Good luck!

Ps. I have to say that [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] sounds awfully sweet with [name]Daisy[/name]! And [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name] make such an adorable sibset. ; )

So, Albus [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name] then!!

Thanks for the replies! [name]Val[/name] x

I love Albus [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater. Such a handsome name!!

1. [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name]-- love this! [name]Lewis[/name] is my top pick for a future son’s mn.
  2. Albus [name]Henry[/name]-- this is so cool. My husband was looking over my shoulder and immediately said “Albus Drinkwater?? They HAVE to choose that, it’s brilliant.” It’s in second place for me because, with a somewhat unusual last name, I would lean toward a slightly more conservative fn choice. But I still think this would be great.
  3. [name]Joel[/name] [name]Henry[/name]-- a distant 3rd, but it’s not bad at all. It just has a slightly country-western feel for me, which isn’t my fave.
  4. [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Henry[/name]-- I put this last because I associate [name]Marcus[/name] with names like [name]Curtis[/name] and [name]Travis[/name], which sound just a wee bit redneck where I’m from… but that’s probably not the case at all elsewhere (especially if you’re in the UK?)

As you can see, I definitely prefer [name]Henry[/name] over [name]Matthew[/name]. I just find [name]Matthew[/name] to be a little bit dated, probably because I know soooo many around my age (mid 20’s.) I think [name]Lewis[/name] or Albus would go really well with miss [name]Daisy[/name] :slight_smile: Good luck!

Thanks! I love Albus the most too but it is just the Dumbledore thing that is holding it back slightly! I’m pretty sure we’re between Albus and [name]Lewis[/name] now… Any other thoughts?
[name]Val[/name] x

1. [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater
  2. [name]Joel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Drinkwater
  3. [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater
  4. Albus [name]Henry[/name] Drinkwater

[name]Lewis[/name] is nice, but when his buddies call him “[name]Lew[/name]” (or “[name]Lou[/name]”) Drinkwater, they may tease that he drinks out of the Loo (English word for toilet).

I wouldn’t use Albus, personally. It’s a bit too unconventional to go with the last name. I think Albus would fit better with a common last name. I really like [name]Marcus[/name] and [name]Joel[/name] a lot!

My votes:

[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
and a very very very distant fourth Albus [name]Matthew[/name].

Albus is not a name I would ever choose; I’m not fond of either the full name, or the nickname [name]Al[/name]. Albus Drinkwater sounds like the mean old villian banker in an old comic strip. Sorry - hope you want brutal honesty! I’m also not a fan [name]Lew[/name]/[name]Lou[/name] as a nickname so [name]Lewis[/name] falls lower.

Meanwhile I really love the name [name]Marcus[/name], and almost all of the [name]Marcus[/name]'s I know go by their full name, not the nickname “[name]Marc[/name]”. I think [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is a name that will serve your little boy well through he whole life.

I like [name]Joel[/name] (esp. paired with [name]Matthew[/name]) but it feels outdated.