Liana?

Thoughts on the name [name_f]Liana[/name_f]? (LEE- AWH-NA) NN Lili or Lia.

2 Likes

It’s pretty and I like that it has a lot of nickname options. I’d be prepared to constantly correct people on the pronunciation though. Before I saw your pronunciation I was thinking you meant LEE-ANNE-UH. I think no matter which pronunciation you used you’ll run into people pronouncing it the other way, which would bother me a lot, but you might be okay with that.

3 Likes

I think it’s really pretty! Like @holly6174 said people will probably pronounce it with the wrong [name_f]Anna[/name_f] sound, but that also happens to people named [name_f]Anna[/name_f]! It can be with two different sounds and I’m sure after Frozen came out people were guessing one way more than the other!

1 Like

I had a coworker with this name, pronounced exactly like you did. I think it’s a lovely name. :slight_smile:

Beautiful! I would assume this pronunciation, though I’d instinctively lean more toward the “ah” sound than “aw.”

2 Likes

I would instinctively pronounce it Lie-an-ah or [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-an-ah without someone to correct me.

So you may have to be prepared for people pronouncing it wrong.

1 Like

It’s the name of the actress who plays [name_f]Roxy[/name_f] on [name_u]Power[/name_u] Rangers Beast Morphers! I love her!

1 Like

I think it’s nice and I think if you want the ahna sound liana is the better spelling than lianna. I love the nickname potential.

1 Like

I think it’s nice, although it feels a bit dated to me. I pronounce it the way you do.

1 Like

Liana is lovely. Familiar yet different

1 Like

It’s really pretty! I like it!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Liana[/name_f] is beautiful! It fits in with popular names today, but it’s definitely not common. I don’t think the pronunciation would be too much of an issue.

1 Like

Went to school with a girl named liana she was very nice, nobody had trouble pronouncing her name. I like it, and I think it’s a little bit unique.

1 Like

I think it’s really pretty. I work with a [name_f]Liana[/name_f] who pronounces it that way and it was really easy to remember.

1 Like

I like it! Memorable and simple, but nice all the same.

1 Like

I love this name and never thought to pronounce it any other way than [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-ah-na. If it was pronounced lee-anna I’d expect it to have a second n. Either way, people who they interact with daily will learn the correct way (usually).
I’m Australian I think there is a car with the name [name_f]Liana[/name_f], and we didn’t end up using it for our daughter.

1 Like