Libby?

I’m not sure if we’ve already had this discussion (sorry if we have), but what are some names that “[name]Libby[/name]” could be a nn for? There’s already an [name]Elizabeth[/name] in the family, so I don’t want to use that (she goes by her full name), but I really like [name]Libby[/name].

Any ideas?
(We’re not pregnant or TTC, but I’m a name nerd and I bombard my hubby with choices all the time :slight_smile: )

My daughter is [name]Liberty[/name] nned [name]Libby[/name].There are also:
Libitina
Libni
[name]Libra[/name]
Librada

Here is what I could find.

[name]Lilibeth[/name] - listed here as variation of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I guess [name]Lilibeth[/name] gives you at least 3 nn’s. [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lili[/name], and [name]Beth[/name]. There are more but those are the most obvious.

I always thought it was also a nickname for [name]Olivia[/name]. At least I have known a couple that go by that nn.

I think [name]Libby[/name] could work on it’s own.

I’ve thought of that, but I’m not really of fan of nn’s on their own.
I also love [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Laney[/name], and [name]Milly[/name] but I just can’t do it as a first name…

It can be used for [name]Olivia[/name] too:)

What about using L.B. initials to get the [name]Libby[/name] nickname? [name]Lila[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] come to mind.

Good luck, Ricette! :slight_smile:

Yay, Ricette :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ll have to pour through our family names and see if there’s a “B” name we might like for the middle! (We have implemented a rule that the middles names will have a personal significance :slight_smile:

I like [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! (PS - I haven’t even asked hubby if he likes the name [name]Libby[/name]…Whoops! BUT the lady who sold him my engagement ring was named “[name]Libby[/name]”…that’s kind of a fun background! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Libby[/name] and wouold quite happily use it on its own. [name]Liberty[/name] is nice too I tink and [name]Libby[/name] could NN for that.