Liisi or Lisette or Lisbet...or Bettina?

I like the sound of the Finnish name [name_f]Liisi[/name_f] [[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see], I am particularly interested if anyone knows a [name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see sounding name, and how is it spelled?

As my signature shows, I’m obsessed with the far-out derivatives of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. I like the LISS and I like the [name_f]BET[/name_f] sounds. Of course the [name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see sound also. So do you [name_u]Love[/name_u]/Like/Dislike these variations?

[name_f]Liisi[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisbet[/name_f]
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f]

Any other variations you like better than this? I actually [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] Elisavetta. But I fear it would be butchered here in the U.S. :frowning:

I think [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] is lovely, but I’m not really a fan of the others.
I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], it’s one of my favourite names, and my favourite derivatives would definitely be [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]/[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Liesl[/name_f] is my favourite I think :slight_smile: [name_f]Liisi[/name_f] is cute though!

I love [name_f]Bettina[/name_f] & [name_f]Lissette[/name_f]

Only other suggestion I can think of is [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Bettina[/name_f] the most, but I prefer the cuter variations, or [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f].

I adore the name [name_f]Bettina[/name_f]. It’s hardly ever used. The only person I know with that name is 56 and she’s a rad artist.

I like [name_f]Bettina[/name_f] and [name_f]Lisette[/name_f].

Other forms I like:
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] - but this is a bit too-sweet maybe? I do like it.
[name_f]Lizette[/name_f] - A bit more zest than [name_f]Lisette[/name_f], a bit more snap. But then, I’ve always preferred [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f].
[name_f]Elikapeka[/name_f] - Full of life and sunshine, but maybe too uncommon?

I saw an Elsabeth at the Commonwealth Games yesterday.

I like [name_f]Lisette[/name_f], [name_f]Lisbeth[/name_f], [name_f]Liesl[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], and [name_f]Elisaveta[/name_f].

I’ve started to think about [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] alternatives because I love [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] but [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] leaves me cold. I thought I was crazy for getting into [name_f]Bettina[/name_f], but maybe not? It’s easy to pronounce and I could see a little girl and a grown woman really liking it as her name.
Other favorites:
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f] - sounds fresher than most ette names. [name_f]Lizette[/name_f] doesn’t do it for me at all though; [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] is gentler.
[name_f]Liesl[/name_f]
[name_f]Liese[/name_f]
[name_f]Liesbeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisbet[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsan[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethan[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] - too frilly for me personally, but I’d love to meet an Elisavetta or [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]!
[name_f]Elisheva[/name_f] - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this. Probably only works in a Jewish family.

[name_f]Liisi[/name_f] seems too nicknamey.
I adore [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Bettina[/name_f]! I really prefer the “[name_f]Bette[/name_f]” names over the “[name_f]Liz[/name_f]” ones.