Lila?

Firstly I am not pregnant, just curious about my current name crush.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] (pronounced LYE-LUH)
I love that it means ‘night’ and could imagine it being on a baby full of dark hair.

What kind of child/person can you imagine [name_f]Lila[/name_f] being? Would the pronunciation be a problem?:slight_smile:

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] has been used enough now that I don’t think pronunciation would be an issue. I love basically all [name_f]Lil[/name_f]- names and this is no exception. I think it’s short, sweet and spunky.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]/[name_f]Lyla[/name_f], etc is very popular so pronounciation wouldn’t be an issue at all

This is one of my favorite names (as you can see from my signature lol). I personally prefer [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] over [name_f]Lila[/name_f], but that’s just me.

I don’t see any issues with pronunciation. As someone else said, it is common enough that there shouldn’t be any real problems. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if there was, a simple correction should be enough.

I actually can picture [name_f]Lila/name_f on any type of girl and that is one thing that attracts me to it. I don’t picture specific features, but I do picture a girly by this name to be either sweet or spunky, timid or bold, bookworm or wrestler, etc. She wouldn’t be held to any obvious character trait. (as a sidenote, it really does remind me of lilacs. We had lilac bushes on our property, when I was growing up, and we have some at my new house, too. The appearance and scent of the flowers, and thus the name itself, makes me think of innocence and warm summer days when the sky is so blue it could burst and everything is perfect. That’s [name_f]Lila[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] to me).

I’ve never heard or met someone named [name_f]Lila[/name_f], it’s very refreshing to me. It reminds me of the names [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f]… So I don’t think pronunciation would be a problem at well.

I could see this as a full name, or a nn for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]/ [name_f]Galilah[/name_f].

This is my daughter’s name! She’s 7, and she is super smart, charming, and a bit sassy. We get compliments on her name all the time. On occasion, someone will call her [name_f]Layla[/name_f] instead, but it’s not too often. :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Lila[/name_f]! It’s feminine and timeless. I don’t think pronunciation will be a problem, being that the name is becoming increasingly common.

It also means “playful, amusing” which is the meaning I prefer over “night.” I see a playful girl with lots of energy and imagination.

I know one [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. She is an amazing singer (she was one of the leads in the school musical), but quieter in everyday life. She has pale skin, and dark hair cut in an undercut. She is smart and compassionate.