Lilia nicknames?

So I’m naming my daughter [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and I was just wondering if you shorten [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] what nicknames would you use? If you were her friend at school or whatever!

Thank you :heart:

Some ideas:
[name_f]Lil[/name_f] / Lils
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_f]Ila[/name_f]

Lia
[name_f]Lili[/name_f]
[name_f]Lil[/name_f]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_u]Li[/name_u]
LiLi
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] (lill-uh)

What about…

Lila
[name_f]Lilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ia[/name_f]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
Lei
[name_f]Leia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
Lils
[name_f]Ila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lil[/name_f]
La
[name_f]Lala[/name_f]
[name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

Hope this helps!

Lily or [name_f]Lia[/name_f]!

Lil or [name_f]Lily[/name_f] feels natural to me. :slight_smile:

Lily it [name_f]Lil[/name_f]

Lily is what seems the most likely in regards to peers and such

@bbmaybe @DriftingMaie @VivienaLunelle123 thank you so much I’m a massive fan of [name_f]Lil[/name_f]/Lils and [name_f]Lia[/name_f]!

@Greyblue @elanorelle @Kipperbo1 @Alix2016 thank you for your feedback I was unsure if [name_f]Lily[/name_f] would work as a nickname as they are similar in Length so didn’t know if the name would be a natural nickname i like that it you think it seems natural and most obvious to her peers :relaxed:

I really love [name_f]Lil[/name_f] or Lils I think I’m going to push for that one! Persuade her friends to call her Lils when she’s older

3 Likes

Lily or [name_f]Lilla[/name_f] are the ones that come most naturally!

1 Like

Lilia nicknames

Lee
[name_f]Lele[/name_f] ([name_f]Leelee[/name_f])
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lili[/name_f]/Lily
Lils
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lil[/name_f]

I would probably go with [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] in Russian

1 Like

I’d use [name_f]Lil[/name_f]. It’s the most intuitive to me. I don’t think you’d need to push for it because it would come naturally to most people. The first syllable of any name is the simplest and most direct route to a nickname. I wouldn’t use [name_f]Lily[/name_f] since it’s already a popular name and will the be the full name for many of her peers.

If I wanted to use an endearment on occasion, as opposed to a regular nickname, I might use [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] as in ‘[name_f]Lilo[/name_f] & Stitch’ or [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] Pilly.

1 Like

Leelee!

1 Like

If I were her friend at school I’d call her [name_f]Lia[/name_f]. :heart:

1 Like

I really like Illy (illy) and [name_f]Lia[/name_f]!! Unexpected but simple.

1 Like

I think the most natural ones are [name_f]Lil[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! I also like [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Lilo[/name_f], [name_f]Lilou[/name_f].

1 Like

Lily, [name_f]Lil[/name_f], or [name_f]Lia[/name_f]… anything else is really a stretch. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is already a short enough name and doesn’t need a NN.

1 Like

@SparkleNinja18 @Bonfire_Eclipse @hellobanjo @skylerros @baya44 thank you for your feedback I’m liking all these nicknames!

@kachenka thank you for your continuous feedback and detailed responses they are really kind. I think I am the same I feel [name_f]Lily[/name_f] could be a bit of a odd nickname as she’s a name in her own right and is relatively popular so she could end up sharing that nickname with her school friends even though I do love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] so wouldn’t mind if she did get that name. I do like [name_f]Lil[/name_f] a lot and the idea of [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] is so sweet I love [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] & Stitch as well.

2 Likes

@sierrajade & @AnandaWren thank you for your feedback I also agree that [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] doesn’t need a nickname ideally she’d just be known as [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] but I think because nicknames are so popular people either have a nickname name or alternatively are known as a nickname I just want to prepare myself for what she could get as sometimes you don’t realise that you don’t like a potential nickname until it’s too late :woman_facepalming:t3:

Lily for sure. :heart: I’m a big [name_f]Lily[/name_f] fan, and the one [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] I’ve known goes by [name_f]Lily[/name_f] exclusively. [name_f]Lia[/name_f] is nice too, but I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f] myself.

1 Like