Lillia?

What do you think of the girls name [name]Lillia[/name]? ([name]Lil[/name]-EE-uh)
[name]Just[/name] a few questions:

1. What other girls names would it work well with (sibsets)? Could it work with [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]?
  2. Could you please suggest other names in this style?
  3. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Lia[/name] better as a nn?

Thanks!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Lilia[/name]!!

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Lilia[/name]. So pretty.
I think it would go great with [name]Violet[/name] & [name]Genevieve[/name].
I prefer the nickname [name]Lily[/name].

Other names like [name]Lilia[/name] . . .

[name]Vivia[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Laila[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]

This is my DD’s name and I love it to the tips of my toes. In fact, it’s been hard to find a name for the second baby that lives up to it.

I was determined to use the nn “[name]Lia[/name]” with it, but it just didn’t ever happen. [name]Lily[/name] is so much more of shortened stopping point when saying her name. Starting at the end and going backwards never really worked.

Some names I’ve been thinking of to go with [name]Lilia[/name] are:

[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]

1. I love [name]Lilia[/name]! I think it’s really elegant and exotic sounding.

2. I love [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name], but [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] seems like a floral theme to me.

3. More names I can see with [name]Lilia[/name]:

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]

1. I think that both [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lia[/name] are pretty nicknames, with [name]Lia[/name] being the more unexpected one.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

This is the sort of name I would’ve liked more 10 years ago, when I liked putting frills on.

A few more:

[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Annette[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Sybille[/name]

I love [name]Lilia[/name]! It looks more natural with one ‘l’ though.

I think it’s beautiful with [name]Genevieve[/name] but I see too much of a floral theme with [name]Violet[/name]…

To go with [name]Lilia[/name]:
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/a
[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (then again, there’s the flower theme)
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]

I think [name]Lily[/name] would come much more naturally. I also prefer it to [name]Lia[/name], though [name]Lia[/name] is a pretty, unexpected choice.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Lillia[/name] ! with lily as nn.

I do believe it would go with violet better than genevieve though a flower theme “lily” “violet” which aint a bad thing imo

Forgot to say I much prefer [name]Lia[/name] as a nickname; it doesn’t feel worth it to just reduce [name]Lillia[/name] to [name]Lily[/name].

[name]Lillia[/name] is very unique but i prefer [name]Lillie[/name] . I think [name]Annabelle[/name] flows well with
[name]Lillia[/name]

I love [name]Lillia[/name], especially with two L’s :slight_smile:

1. I think [name]Lillia[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] go really well but your setting a bit of a floral theme up, not that I don’t adore floral names :slight_smile: I also love [name]Lillia[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] together. I’m just not sure about all three, [name]Genevieve[/name] being sort of left out from the flowers.

2. Other names that I can see [name]Lillia[/name] with:
    [name]Noemi[/name]
    [name]Vivienne[/name]
    [name]Eliza[/name]
    [name]Juliet[/name]
    [name]Cecily[/name]
    [name]Hazel[/name]
    [name]Bianca[/name]
    [name]Delphine[/name]
    [name]Coralie[/name]

more floral:
Roseline
[name]Marigold[/name]

1. Although [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lia[/name] are both really nice, I think that I prefer [name]Lily[/name] as a nn for [name]Lillia[/name], I think it just feels more natural

:slight_smile: