Lily, Lilly, Lillie

See the results of this poll: What is your favorite spelling?

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• Lily : 41 (69%)
  • Lilly : 8 (14%)
  • Lillie: 10 (17%)

[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] is my favourite.

[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] is my favorite.

As a stand alone name, I much prefer the spelling [name_f]Lily[/name_f], without doble L. The ending -ie is too nicknamish for me, whilst [name_f]Lily[/name_f] seems more like a full name. Anyway, [name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilly[/name_f]/[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] is a beautiful name no matter its spelling.

Definitely the classic [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

I may be the weird one as i prefer [name_f]Lilly[/name_f].

Definitely [name_f]Lily[/name_f], like the flower. I think [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] (or [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]) would be okay if it was a nickname for [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

As a stand alone name; [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. The other two both seem like nicknames for longer names like [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] or [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] for sure. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], simple, and floral. To me, [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] looks like a nn for [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] looks like an error.

Thank you, everyone. I automatically go to the [name_f]Lily[/name_f] spelling but wanted to hear others opinions. I have only known two, one spelled [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and the other [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]. For some reason [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] looks off to me. Maybe because I have always spelled it [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I do like the [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] spelling, it seems more like a vintage spelling.