Lily vs Liliana?

Which name do you prefer as a first, why?

I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] has just never struck a chord with me.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! (It’s my twin sister name as well!)

Definitely [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! All the Lilianas I know go by [name_f]Lily[/name_f], so I just find that more natural :slight_smile:

I prefer Liliana - Lily is lovely but it can sound a little childish to me so I’m not sure if it could fit any personality. I also prefer names with nickname options. A Liliana could be Liliana, Lily, Ana or Annie and that’s a good thing! Since she may not love her full name.

3 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f], only because it’s my own name so I’ve gone through life with it and know how people react to it. The two Lilianas I’ve met both go by [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] as a long form, which is also what most people assume my name is short for.

Definitely Lily,I love that name,I find [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] a bit long and I just don’t like it as much as I like [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

I personally love a longer name that can be shortened and [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] has [name_f]Lili[/name_f], [name_f]Lana[/name_f] and [name_f]Ana[/name_f].

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is also less popular than [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. Though my favourite [name_f]Lil[/name_f] name is [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] gets my vote so that you get to use both names you love!

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] so this one is challenging!

I think my favourite is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] even though [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is probably closest too my daughters name I just find the additional ‘na’ a little bit of a tongue twister. Whereas [name_f]Lily[/name_f] feels simple and understated. Still both are stunning clearly I’m a fan of a [name_f]Lily[/name_f] name!

1 Like

I like both, but I’d probably go with sweet and simple little [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I love the flair of [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]!

This has always been why I’ve never been a huge fan of Lily. Liliana is unusual, fresh, and so lovely! It really is versatile, and it has great opportunities for nicknames.

I love both. If you’re going to make me chose I would vote [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for it’s classic simplicity and being the spelling of the flower in [name_f]English[/name_f].

although i normally love short, sweet names like lily (and i do really love lily!), something about liliana is just so beautiful to me! it’s just so gorgeous and elegant and you can still use lily as a nickname for it!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]! It’s a great name in my opinion. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a bit childish and there’s no way to know if it will suit the name bearer.

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f], definitely more natural and i like it more. it flows well

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is the stylish & vintage [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. However, between your two choices, I prefer the simple, sweet [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]! [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] feels tacky