Lily vs Lillie

Which do you prefer?

For me, [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is more floral and solid. [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] is sweeter and more vintage. I think I might prefer [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]!

3 Likes

[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] definitely

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] eyes kind of bug out at the illi part of the other spelling.

5 Likes

[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] would be super fun to write in cursive but yeah doesn’t look as nice in a sans serif font.

3 Likes

Lily, because that’s the way the flower/word is spelt! It just looks most streamlined to me.

6 Likes

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] :bouquet:

1 Like

lily by about a hundred miles. lillie looks a bit distracting and busy. lily has the flower association and just looks better, which is why i prefer it.

2 Likes

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f] because I typically just prefer the least letters possible in any spelling. If I was going to use an -ie I think I’d at least drop an L to make it [name_f]Lilie[/name_f] which doesn’t look as messy to me. I also think [name_f]Lili[/name_f] might be a cool variation.

1 Like

I personally prefer the shorter, sleeker [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but I can see the appeal of [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] too :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] on it’s own, [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] as a nickname for Lillian/Lilianna

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] definitely. The other spelling is too close to [name_m]Dennis[/name_m] Lillee (a famous Australian cricketer) and I can’t get past that. I know that would, doubtlessly, not be affecting you but I can’t get past it.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] myself too! It’s just more aesthetically pleasing for me!

2 Likes

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]- simply due to the simplicity of spelling .

1 Like

I think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is very sweet and classic whilst [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] has a certain spunk to it

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], in a report I just did for a client I found an ancestor named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f] “Lillie” and I thought that was gorgeous.

3 Likes

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] as a standalone, [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] (or Elizabeth).

2 Likes

[name_f]Lily[/name_f], mainly for simplicity

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as a full name and [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] or Lili… [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] doesnt seem right

1 Like